Jump to content

Challenging the Left-Right Paradigm

Liberty Prime

431 views

LR!.png.57e73b14be0c6203b1c87d62b046a0f1.png

 

 

 

Challenging the Left-Right Paradigm

 

 

 

 

     Often the basis of Our political assessment is based on a broken method. Our Assessments, and perceptions are often based upon an incorrectly applied Paradigm of measuring political thought. Often times we have difficulty understanding the proximity of varying ideological mindsets. This makes the Model prone to being weaponized using guilt by attributed proximity to unpopular minority opinions.

 

     A long term inadequacy with the Left-Right Linear Paradigm is the expanding scope. The model generally expects the majority of opinion to fall with in a certain boundary at any given time. Sometimes referred to as the Overton window or the concept of acceptable political ideas measured by the public's willingness to support them. This window can be expanded and retracted given the views of the populace. This window shifts and often expands at times. This added variable adds to the difficulty of accurately plotting an ideology in or outside of a shifting spectrum.

 

     The current concept of plotting political ideas on the lineal plane also fails to recognize the fundamental differences in Political Ideas. Ignoring the base principle concepts for ideologies allows the relationship between ideologies to become skewed.This allows the parties to demonize targeted political ideology as similar to something less popular.

 

     Several expanded models have surfaced as people try to correct this inadequacy, but those models also fail to recognize the core of an Ideology.

To truly understand an Ideology we must examine its core then the structures it desires. Several terrible ideologies lurk behind the confusion of the the institutions, and committees it chooses to create.

 

 

 



12 Comments


Recommended Comments

I believe that a very big, historic, upheaval in the American political spectrum may be coming.  It could be a good one.

Namely, I believe that we may see a 'realignment' in the bases of the political parties -- with a new party (perhaps carrying on the name of an existing party) emerging, which we could classify as  'democratic nationalist, patriotic, American-inclusivist, traditional, pro-family, great-nation-conservative'j, limited immigration based on what's good for the US.

 

On the other side, I can see a 'modern, progressive, upper-middle class, globalist, internationalist, extended-rights-based' party -- progressives plus 'Never Trumpers' plus various client groups who depend, or want to depend, on the government for their income, either direclty via welfare, or indirectly via boondoggle affirmative-action government 'jobs', and which support something close to Open Borders.

 

The first party will be very aware of the growing deficit, while at the same time not afraid to get government involved in protecting American jobs, creating infrastructure, remaking education, and taking 'active measures' to defend the tradtional family.  How to pay for this will be an ongoing problem ... there is no magic solution, given the years of debt we have piled up.

 

Both parties will probably have wings which want us to continue to spend a large part of our tax money on bringing democracy to Ruraganda and funding research and development on airplanes that can fly backwards while whistling the Star-Spangled Banner.

 

Or maybe not. But I think we should be in there fighting for some development like this.

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment

You are on it brother.  This false right/left paradigm is blinding to so many would be truth seekers.

The people who actually believe they have an advocate in DC are sadly deceived.  Unfortunately with that blindness comes a shocking attitude of arrogant ignorance and they absolutely refuse to listen. (While they scream "you must listen") It is amazing to watch at the same time embarrassing.

I do understand how this has happened.  I considered myself a right wing conservative for 25+ years, very involved in the party for some time as well. Although my personal beliefs would still be considered conservative, the blinders I wore for political ideologies were removed a few years ago.  A sincere quest for truth in all things started the process for me.

I really don't know the solution, the mind control is as powerful on this subject as any other.  I know it cripples any movement going on now that hopes to fight off this move to absolute tyranny.

Time is either short or passed to de-rail what is in the works.  We and us are what we have.  I'll stop now, it's too depressing.

Share this comment


Link to comment

LP, I've been interested in politics and involved in politics for decades.  Without meaning to challenge what your beliefs on this subject (and note that I do not know whether you've been to college, or not) my experience has taught me that there is an incredible divide between the political Left and Right.

 

The political Left, in the United States, to include the Democrats, Communists, Socialists, Greens, and numerous other political parties (including the National Socialists), institutions, and individuals, might as well join together and form a single united party, which should be called the American Socialist Party (and I'm being "nice" to them, here).  Their worldview and belief structures have their foundation in the works of Karl Marx.

 

The political Right includes the Republicans, more independent souls who formed the basis of the old Tea Party, and Libertarians (to a certain extent).  And I admit that I'm a Republican ... indeed, I was a Sebastian County Committeeman in Arkansas, and debated the then Attorney-General of that State ... one William Jefferson Clinton ...  beat the crap out of him.  Note that I hadn't even walked into a college, at the time of this debate, and he was a "Rhodes Scholar" (who had spent his time in England attacking US policy, in public), and taking a very long "student trip" to the Soviet Union (long enough to take the course at Patrice Lumumba "Friendship" University).

 

Between the two, the difference could not be more stark.  Authoritarianism lies with the former if they win this titanic struggle, and ... perhaps ... a thousand years of brutal darkness.  There can be no reconciliation between the followers of Marx, and those of Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Adams, and Lincoln.

 

I'm slowly reaching the end of my days.  I am 70 years old, after all.  But for the sake of our families and our nation, the Right must win.  I do not believe in the circle of belief.  It's a straight line, in my estimation.

 

Last, note that I didn't write this to offend anyone or start an argument.  It might happen, but it wasn't my intent.

Share this comment


Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

LP, I've been interested in politics and involved in politics for decades.  Without meaning to challenge what your beliefs on this subject (and note that I do not know whether you've been to college, or not) my experience has taught me that there is an incredible divide between the political Left and Right.

 

The political Left, in the United States, to include the Democrats, Communists, Socialists, Greens, and numerous other political parties (including the National Socialists), institutions, and individuals, might as well join together and form a single united party, which should be called the American Socialist Party (and I'm being "nice" to them, here).  Their worldview and belief structures have their foundation in the works of Karl Marx.

 

The political Right includes the Republicans, more independent souls who formed the basis of the old Tea Party, and Libertarians (to a certain extent).  And I admit that I'm a Republican ... indeed, I was a Sebastian County Committeeman in Arkansas, and debated the then Attorney-General of that State ... one William Jefferson Clinton ...  beat the crap out of him.  Note that I hadn't even walked into a college, at the time of this debate, and he was a "Rhodes Scholar" (who had spent his time in England attacking US policy, in public), and taking a very long "student trip" to the Soviet Union (long enough to take the course at Patrice Lumumba "Friendship" University).

 

Between the two, the difference could not be more stark.  Authoritarianism lies with the former if they win this titanic struggle, and ... perhaps ... a thousand years of brutal darkness.  There can be no reconciliation between the followers of Marx, and those of Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Adams, and Lincoln.

 

I'm slowly reaching the end of my days.  I am 70 years old, after all.  But for the sake of our families and our nation, the Right must win.  I do not believe in the circle of belief.  It's a straight line, in my estimation.

 

Last, note that I didn't write this to offend anyone or start an argument.  It might happen, but it wasn't my intent.

You are correct. The overall summary of the blog was challenging the idea of plotting the mainstream ideas of the left/right together is productive. 

Link you stated their foundations are completely different to what would be considered liberalism. 

So when we place them together it’s not actually productive in explaining their association. 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment

At one point the orginal definition of the left and right used to stand for something.  Currently it means nothing as everything shifts towards socialism.    Their isnt anything conservative or right leaning left in this country. 

 

Nobody is going to reduce government and give up power that you voted away for safety. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Their isnt anything conservative or right leaning left in this country. 

Well there isn’t much anti establishment oriented groups outside of the unattractive groups. 

 

11 minutes ago, Megatron said:

you

We.

Share this comment


Link to comment
15 hours ago, Liberty Prime said:

You are correct. The overall summary of the blog was challenging the idea of plotting the mainstream ideas of the left/right together is productive. 

Link you stated their foundations are completely different to what would be considered liberalism. 

So when we place them together it’s not actually productive in explaining their association. 

 

 

The "Circle" that university Philosophy and PolSci departments love stems almost directly from the writings of the German philosopher Hegel.  Hegelian dialectics.  The Left has found this to be quite useful in brainwashing Rush Limbaugh's "young skulls full of mush".  The following link is called Hegelian Dialectics for Dummies, but is the basis of modern "intellectual" political theory.  Something written for "Dummies" should be simple to understand.  Hegel is not easy to understand, however, and the article will not be, either:

http://noisyroom.net/blog/2014/01/23/hegelian-dialectics-for-dummies/

 

You will notice towards the end of the article a picture of the "law professor" Barack Hussein Obama, during his time at the University of Chicago, teaching not law, but the tactics of Saul Alinsky.  You should also be aware that Hillary Clinton's senior thesis, in college, was a paean to Saul Alinsky.  Indeed, it so impressed Alinsky that he offered her control of his entire organization.  But she told him that she thought she could do more "good for the cause" from the inside, rather from the outside.

 

The dialectic reduced to its simplest form could be summed up as problem, reaction, solution. The “agent of change” employing the strategy creates the problem or crisis, foments the reaction (tension), then attempt to control the outcome by providing the solution (resolution).

 

Thank God for the appearance of Donald John Trump!

Share this comment


Link to comment

President Washington warned of a two party system...  That being said when people are doing this and preparing to start a civil war what are we to do?  

 

https://www.thecomingcivilwar.com/index.html

 

I bumped into this accidentally while investigating a new crypto currency call loop.  This is a very disconcerting statement.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Oathkeeper02 said:

President Washington warned of a two party system...  That being said when people are doing this and preparing to start a civil war what are we to do?  

 

https://www.thecomingcivilwar.com/index.html

 

I bumped into this accidentally while investigating a new crypto currency call loop.  This is a very disconcerting statement.  

Civil war is possible but far from certain. 

Its also possible that we go completely the opposite direction.

Personally I would see all factions are still in a recruiting phase. Since its debatable if these groups want to take the system or topple it. 

No groups really have the strength to wage a open conflict or come close to being able to dislodge the establishment. 

 

Although its possible we see a greater civil dispute phase happen leading to this snap rise in those factions but it’s uncertain. 

 

What do we currently do? We close ranks around Our principles and stick to that message. 

Plenty of room for theories and endless imagination in times of peace. In times of War we stick to what we know is true, and works.

Share this comment


Link to comment

The story of man never changes....   Money, power, greed and lack of morals define this century. Certain ideologies thrive under these conditions. It is extremely difficult to maintain cohesive principles in this atmosphere. It is all about consent , ignorance, tolerance. with a good ole shot of weakness. Detrimental realities all at once with an agenda. Evil/good will always be there conflicting in different ratios.  Just depends on all of us and how we cope with it. We write our own future.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...