Hello, Karl here. US Navy Veteran from 28OCT1980 to 28OCT1986 (Yes, I'm an olde bastige). Only sea command was USS America CVA-66 from around 1981 to 1986, stationed out of NOB Norfolk, Va. Did 3 full cycles +. Was an Electrician by rate and served half my time as an electrician and the other half as a Master At Arms (Navy Military Police). Son of a retired US Air Force/US Army father (WW II/Korea/Vietnam era) and US Cavalry Grandfather (WW I), as well as cousin to many other military members (mostly US Marine Corps - Korea/Vietnam/to near current).

Author of the topic Posted

Oh, and for those of you wondering why I have a "Liverpool Football Club" avatar on my Facebook avatar, it's because my father met and married my mother, whom was a Liverpool born and bred woman, when he was stationed near London just after WW II. ;) So, 90% of my family is from the Liverpool, UK area. The avatar is just my way of showing my support and love for my family over there. :D She came from a family of six siblings, four of whom are still over there, and one sister and herself married US Air Force personnel and moved here to the USA. The other is retired to the St Louis, Mo. area with most of her children living there near her. Both my mother and father passed away some years ago. :( On the off chance you are the descendants of any "Foreman's" from the UK, PM me to see if we are related. I am sorta the family historian so to speak and I know most of my relatives over there and here. Or if you are a "Stinson" from the USA and came from a GiHuMongous Family of Stinson's, ask me as well. My Paternal Grandmother was one of seventeen siblings from the Northern USA Dairy Land. O.o If you are a "Mann" I dunno you. :P ROFL

Thank you. Oh and last but not least, if you are a Hatfield (yes, those Hatfields) the cousins in Mo. area are direct descendants of Devil Anse Hatfield. So, DIE ALL McCoys! :P

Welcome, Karl. Family histories are interesting. Unfortunately it seems only one person in a few generations keeps close track of the family history.

Yeah, not many in my family actually seem to know a whole lot about their own family. ROFL