SPECTRE 6

Illinois - Official Roll Call & Lounge

I've been looking online for places to go shoot and most of them are inside ranges. There's one close to me but they charge $20 an hour. I went there ONCE to sight in a new 9mm.

I'm 74 yrs old and remember, back in the day, I would go rabbit hunting right behind the police station and no one said anything. I could go plinking down by the river all day and again, no one said a word.  Now, if someone hears a gun shot, they call 911.

I have two new ARs thats never been shot. There's a big, state owned, wooded area not far from me but Illinois says we can hunt on state  property but we can't SHOOT on state property...  WTF..???

I can't blame the state in a way. That wooded area is starting to look like a city dump. Some MORONS go out there and shoot their empty beer, wine and whisky bottles and shoot the trees with deer slugs and the trees die.

It's probably a good thing I DON'T have a place to go shoot all day because I'd shoot up all of my ammo. I only have about 12,000 rounds left, including my 22s.  lol

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Hunter said:

I wish I had half of that. I wouldn't be doing so bad if I'd reload like I'm supposed to.  We'll definitely have to get together.  Bristol charges 30 a day

A few weeks ago, my local Rural King had 300 round boxes of 223 and 556 for $90. I bought 1 box of 223 and 2 boxes 556. Cost about .30 cnts per round.

Some scalpers on Armslist charging $1.00 per round. for 223/556 and .50 cnts for .22s.

6 hours ago, TasteOBlood said:

Last time I went it was $15 dollars for all day. They have target stands provided and targets.

Wow.. That's cheap. They're closed for the virus now but when they open again, I'll be going there.  Some places are charging $20 per hour.

Because of the virus, all of the shooting ranges are closed until further notice. I have two new AR's and desperately need to get them sighted in.  There's just no place near me to go shooting. I'm in Millstadt, IL (62260). If anyone has a place to shoot, or knows of a place,  please let me know. Also, I'm looking for someone in my area to train with. I have some bush crafting skills and need to just get out to the woods.  Thanks.

Mr.Booker

Illinois Sons of Liberty.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Hunter said:

Looks like you're 5 hours from us. We might have a group down there I can connect with you.  I'll check.  Also look up Illinois sons of Liberty and you'll be able to get information there.

I joined Illinois Sons of Liberty about three weeks ago and talked to a few members on the phone.  They tried to get me to download "WhatsAPP' but the app said "Charges may apply", so I uninstalled it.

They were having a weekend training session about 40 miles from me and I tried to get some information so I could attend but never heard back from them. They seem like a great bunch of people but not well organized.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Hunter said:

Don't know how far you are from McHenry,  but would like to do a meet and greet and get to know you if its convenient.  In a couple weeks we might be able to help you exercise those arms.

I sure know where McHenry is. I'm a trucker and used to drive through there every week. LOTs of traffic and stop lights. We have some 80 degree weather coming within the next few days and There is state owned woodland close to me so I'll go out there and try to sight my AR's in. Stupid Illinois law says I can HUNT on state land but I can't SHOOT on state land. HELLO...... WTF.??

On 3/29/2020 at 5:45 AM, Mrbooker said:

Wow.. That's cheap. They're closed for the virus now but when they open again, I'll be going there.  Some places are charging $20 per hour.

The closest range to me charges $25 per day.  That would be near to Ottawa.

Sorry don't know about the organization setup down there.  What's app says that cause you might be on a plan where they still charge by the messages.  If you'll be a little patient I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with them. Let me know if I  can help 

13 hours ago, Sergeant Hunter said:

Sorry don't know about the organization setup down there.  What's app says that cause you might be on a plan where they still charge by the messages.  If you'll be a little patient I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with them. Let me know if I  can help 

Roger, Roger..  I'm standing by.

Dont sneeze on me.jpg