SPECTRE 6

Illinois - Official Roll Call & Lounge

Reaper, what part of the State of Illinois does the ILFM cover?  In a few months, we're moving way south to Marion, Illinois.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Reaper, what part of the State of Illinois does the ILFM cover?  In a few months, we're moving way south to Marion, Illinois.

Hey there Headhunter, like any other state militia, we can cover the entire state of Illinois if there are enough people. The way we work is that every county in the state is it's own individual Battalion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper LFM said:

Hey there Headhunter, like any other state militia, we can cover the entire state of Illinois if there are enough people. The way we work is that every county in the state is it's own individual Battalion. 

Thanks!

Looking at the map, I notice that there aren't any members, down there.  I would think that this part of the State would be a prime recruitment area.  After I move, I'll do my best to find some people who might be interested.  For example, firing ranges and gun shops might be places where I could locate some like-minded folks.

Also, one thread at this website shows patch for the Illinois Light Foot Militia.  Are these available, yet?  That might be something to start a conversation over.

2 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Thanks!

Looking at the map, I notice that there aren't any members, down there.  I would think that this part of the State would be a prime recruitment area.  After I move, I'll do my best to find some people who might be interested.  For example, firing ranges and gun shops might be places where I could locate some like-minded folks.

Also, one thread at this website shows patch for the Illinois Light Foot Militia.  Are these available, yet?  That might be something to start a conversation over.

Much appreciated.

The patches are reserved for members.

21 hours ago, Reaper LFM said:

Much appreciated.

The patches are reserved for members.

Just to be clear, you mean "member of a battalion", correct?

18 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Just to be clear, you mean "member of a battalion", correct?

In Illinois, yes. I can't speak for other states though that the LFM is in.

Tankerman88 here.  Northern Illinois (Stephenson County) 12+years Army vet looking for like minded patriots.  New to this site and militia discussions.  I'm older (not to old) but can still function. 

• Like 1
  • 'Merica 2

1 hour ago, Tankerman88 said:

Tankerman88 here.  Northern Illinois (Stephenson County) 12+years Army vet looking for like minded patriots.  New to this site and militia discussions.  I'm older (not to old) but can still function. 

Glad to have you here amongst many great patriots. I invite you to check us out to see if we might be the fit for you. We are currently building all over the state and can use some great people like yourself.

• 'Merica 2

3 hours ago, Reaper LFM said:

Glad to have you here amongst many great patriots. I invite you to check us out to see if we might be the fit for you. We are currently building all over the state and can use some great people like yourself.

Reaper, when I look at the map, there doesn't seem to be anyone in the Southern part of the State.  South Illinois should be a fertile ground for our militia.  We're moving to Marion, sometime this summer, and I'm willing to start a unit, down there.  Just for my information, is there anyone down WAY south in Illinois who doesn't show up on the map?

Thanks

People only show up on the map if they are registered on the site and add their location information. They don't get automatically get added to the map on this site because they are a member of a group. It seemed like there might have been some confusion so I just wanted to clear that up.

LFM is new to IL and is still growing. To answer your question, no, there are no units in Southern Illinois. If you want to form a Battalion after you move, that is great. Just let me know when you get settled in and I will work with you to get things going. We do not operate like most other militias. We have independently ran county Battalions, and the leadership is voted in. It's all in our standards that you have already downloaded. 

• 'Merica 1

Thanks for the information, Reaper.

One more question ...

If SHTF, would these separate Battalions operate independently, or would there be an attempt to coordinate with other battalions, down to and including a statewide command structure?

• Like 1
  • 'Merica 1

Great question Headhunter. The standards are set so that the Battalions train identically. Ideally, a Battalion from California and New York could easily integrate with a Battalion in Iowa, and still be able to work cohesively. I know that is a unicorn type scenario and will most likely never happen, but that is how the standards are designed and our units stick to them.

To answer your question specifically, Battalions operate independently within their respective county. They should always strive to work with surrounding counties too. If there are 3 active neighboring counties there would be a regional commander elected. If the Battalions are spread out (not neighboring) and SHTF, I would delegate one of my staff as a temp "Regional" Commander.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Reaper.  That answers my question, and it's a good solution to anyone implying that MyMilitia represents a "private army".

• 'Merica 1

Tankerman88 (Bill) checking in from the Northern parts of the state.  Glad the weather is finally starting to break.  Cooking some squirrel tonight that I got at my mother in law's place a few months ago.

• Like 1
  • 'Merica 1