SPECTRE 6

West Virginia - Official Roll Call & Lounge

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of The Mercer County 1st Citizen Task Force,

Just thought I'd write with a small update and just touch base with all of you to make sure you all know we're still here.

I've been working on publishing a facebook page for our unit. It has been most frustrating simply because I've never dealt with this sort of thing legally before. I am still investigating and working towards publishing the page. Then my plans are to drop a little money on it in facebook to get it circulated strictly around Mercer County. 

There is everything that needs done but one thing we can begin with immediately is building our communications network. It's going to be an immediate goal of mine to gain members/radios in EVERY single township in the county. To begin this, it will be necessary to use the repeater towers until membership becomes such that we can pass a message down the line radio by radio, township by township.

So I have a question for you, Mr. Sparks @ Radiouser  . Will we need training to certify in the usage of thos repeaters? Or is this something you can teach us how to do without a license? Whatever is required, that's what we'll need to do. I'm in for anything except the morse code training, and I wouldn't mind that... I just don't know that I have the brain left for it. But it would be neat to know. But if you'll answer that for me, I'd appreciate it. Also, we'll need to meet soon and get a little hands on experience with our walkie talkies. If anyone in the group still needs to order one, here's the link to the radio Mr. Sparks suggested to us:  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TX9FYKJ/?coliid=I3SS549W0L1AZL&colid=1CRAUCFOR77YD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it 
46 bucks puts us in business and if we decide to get a mobile unit or even a base unit later, Mr. Sparks can help us with that also.

Mr. Sparks, I need to call you before the publish of the page to see about the best way to recruit for coms. I think I have an idea, but after a little talk with you, I'll know much better what to be asking people to do if they are interested in becoming a member of the Mercer County 1st's Coms Unit.

John will be coming home soon from his stint in Saudi and I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to do a little shooting. Would anyone in the group want to schedule a day to run through a few bullets together?

Anything that's specifically on anyone's mind, PLEASE communicate it. Could well be something we can do to keep this thing moving forward.

On a personal level, I've been cipering legalities, developing the FB page, I've began storing long-term military type "MRE" rations and getting stocked up on some ammo. What's been on the minds of everyone else since we saw each other last? I understand most of you guys work, and that in itself proves to be hard enough to contend with. I love retirement. Ya'll hang in there. HAHAHAHA.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Drop me a note and let me know you're still alive.

Eddie? If you will, please print a copy of this out and give it to Mike, as he has no email address. Thank Pal.

Talk to ya'll soon,
Matt, MC1-CTF HQ over and out, lol.

Amazing that I was able to buy my radio from out here in the middle of nowhere, should arrive the day I leave here. I’m up for comms training and shooting. If anyone’s interested let me know and I’ll bring a few of my builds y’all can check out. 

1 hour ago, John Smith JR. said:

Amazing that I was able to buy my radio from out here in the middle of nowhere, should arrive the day I leave here. I’m up for comms training and shooting. If anyone’s interested let me know and I’ll bring a few of my builds y’all can check out. 

I agree. I would call that amazing because you're about as far our as one can get, lol... except for maybe the Alaskan Tundra, lol. That's awesome.

It would be nice to do a little shooting...

I’ll check out the radio and I’m all for sending some lead down range I’ve been trying to stock up on ammo as much as I can while still preparing for a possible layoff at work, I am looking into suppressors in the form of a solvent trap but whenever you all want to get together let me know. Matt has my number since I’m not able to check the site as much as I’d like too. Have a good day 

On 2/28/2017 at 2:33 PM, BigRig said:

FB_IMG_1477826583549.thumb.jpg.592358a0402709fc9568f6f04b85bd29.jpg BigRig — Ohio Valley Minutemen of the Eastern Panhandle. We are openly recruiting. AO is the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.

http://ovm-cvm.blogspot.com/?m=1

Contact me army vet looking to join up [email protected]