SPECTRE 6

Kansas - Official Roll Call & Lounge

7 minutes ago, Correus said:

Nice... talk about odd... I've never in my life considered buying a bike, but the wife grew up in a biking family.  Her grandfather owned a Honda dealership; and she's often mention getting one.  She bought something off Craigslist today and when went to get it we found out the person was also looking at selling a Harley Dyna Low Rider with a deluxe package that fit me like a glove.  First bike I've ever run across I'd of plunked down the money then and there.  They hadn't decided on a price at that time.  What's odd is I got the notice of your post a couple minutes before they contacted us with a price.  It's more than we were thinking... but we are going to look at buying it. 

Have you ridden much? The Dyna Low is a great bike, handles well! Being on a bike is another level of Freedom, out on the open road that is. The chuckleheads in town are a hazard what with their cell phones surgically attached to their hands, texting and crap. Congratulations on your fortuitous find! Ride safe! If you live by Hutchinson, we could go ridin' sometime.

15 minutes ago, Metalgear63 said:

Have you ridden much? The Dyna Low is a great bike, handles well! Being on a bike is another level of Freedom, out on the open road that is. The chuckleheads in town are a hazard what with their cell phones surgically attached to their hands, texting and crap. Congratulations on your fortuitous find! Ride safe! If you live by Hutchinson, we could go ridin' sometime.

I have driven dirt bikes and one crotch rocket, but never one like this.  I have riden on a Honda a few times.  I don't even have a license for one.  We just got the price from them, it's a bit more than we were hoping, but we are still going to look at getting it.  Evidently this one is rather fancy - deluxe leather package and just about everything is chromed.  It's an '05 with 19,221 miles.

image000000(1).jpg

26 minutes ago, Correus said:

I have driven dirt bikes and one crotch rocket, but never one like this.  I have riden on a Honda a few times.  I don't even have a license for one.  We just got the price from them, it's a bit more than we were hoping, but we are still going to look at getting it.  Evidently this one is rather fancy - deluxe leather package and just about everything is chromed.  It's an '05 with 19,221 miles.

image000000(1).jpg

Sweet bike, awesome color, good year and really low miles for its age! Make sure to check the tires for sidewall cracking and the drive belt for cracking, stretch and wear. Check the brake pads also the cables and such. Safety is paramount when you only have 2 wheels on the ground, especially when riding 2up, the whole thing weighs 700 to 900lbs. Go to Bike Bandit.com if you ever need parts, they have everything for bikes and as another accessory, might I suggest, get a set of Kuryaken classic handgrips with a crampbuster to help deal with big twin vibration. Oh, leather stuff, Leatherup.com for jackets, vests, boots and gloves. Here is mine.328221548_20171015_160853(2).thumb.jpg.60ab9eae5e5dccf55cfb98e77c9fedac.jpg

17 minutes ago, Metalgear63 said:

Sweet bike, awesome color, good year and really low miles for its age! Make sure to check the tires for sidewall cracking and the drive belt for cracking, stretch and wear. Check the brake pads also the cables and such. Safety is paramount when you only have 2 wheels on the ground, especially when riding 2up, the whole thing weighs 700 to 900lbs. Go to Bike Bandit.com if you ever need parts, they have everything for bikes and as another accessory, might I suggest, get a set of Kuryaken classic handgrips with a crampbuster to help deal with big twin vibration. Oh, leather stuff, Leatherup.com for jackets, vests, boots and gloves. Here is mine.328221548_20171015_160853(2).thumb.jpg.60ab9eae5e5dccf55cfb98e77c9fedac.jpg

WHOA!!!  That's a sweet bike!  Thank you so much for the advice and info, appreciate it.

BTW - we aren't too far away - Belle Plaine.

1 hour ago, Ideological Gambler said:

Reno County checking in. Had to remove two recruits but good outside of that. 

Looking forward to getting meetings going now that the government is about to (hopefully) back down and let us get back to life.

We've had to do the same.  We have a very rigorous vetting system, but somethings do get missed.  

30 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPoo said:

So. Anything happening? 

As in???  I'm getting ready to mow the lawn!  🤣😂

Within the militia community I haven't really heard anything within our State, but have heard of others getting involved in various ways.  I can't remember which State, but a bunch of militia members from one of the States got together in support of a barber.  They heard that the local LEO were coming for him because he opened his shop so got together to prevent it.  

Guest ZombiesAteMyPoo
3 minutes ago, Correus said:

As in???  I'm getting ready to mow the lawn!  🤣😂

Within the militia community I haven't really heard anything within our State, but have heard of others getting involved in various ways.  I can't remember which State, but a bunch of militia members from one of the States got together in support of a barber.  They heard that the local LEO were coming for him because he opened his shop so got together to prevent it.  

😛touché hahaha Mowed mine Sunday after getting home from the range. 

that’s pretty neat. Believe I heard the same story not long ago. 

I’d really like to start taking some carbine/handgun type classes soon or at the very least meet up with people on private property and do our own thing. Meet some new people and sort of go from there. Wouldn’t mind some gardening tips too. Lol 

5 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPoo said:

I’d really like to start taking some carbine/handgun type classes soon or at the very least meet up with people on private property and do our own thing. Meet some new people and sort of go from there. Wouldn’t mind some gardening tips too. Lol 

I need to get out to the range...  haven't been in awhile.  

Really need to get my merry little band of people back together and reorganize as well.

Guest ZombiesAteMyPoo
3 minutes ago, Correus said:

I need to get out to the range...  haven't been in awhile.  

Really need to get my merry little band of people back together and reorganize as well.

I know the feeling. I just recently got back into shooting. My split several years ago cost me all my firearms and put me in the hole do I could stay on my feet. Lol Hard to find people who want to get out for a range day. 

1 minute ago, ZombiesAteMyPoo said:

I know the feeling. I just recently got back into shooting. My split several years ago cost me all my firearms and put me in the hole do I could stay on my feet. Lol Hard to find people who want to get out for a range day. 

I hear ya... I have a small collection of historic firearms - primarily WWI.  The last range days I enjoyed were with those; haven't taken any of the modern stuff out in awhile.

In my case I could say "life got in the way (work, family, chores, etc.)".  In reality, while those were part of the issue it boils down to laziness and complacency.  During the Obama administration my little group was active and even trained with a couple other groups.  Then things started to quite down.  By the time Trump was elected we were dormant and 2/3rds of our members either left the group for various reasons or physically left the area due to work, school and so on.  With the way tings are going now... I hate to admit it, but we screwed up.  We are trying to reform, but it's a major uphill push.  

This whole virus issue is doing a big number on this - people are afraid to get together.

What's bad is the way this is playing out, especially here in the US.  I'm not comfortable explaining how I've come about some of my knowledge... but it very well can get worse.  There is a 'play book' out there used by the military and government - intended, 'theoretically', to be used against other countries, that appears to be in play right now.  A part of this involves 'Mockingbird' in a way that was unheard of back when I was involved in this stuff.

Back in mid April I told the wife this and told her that IF the situation starts to get better, and doesn't go the way the powers-that-be want it to, the next steps in the play book will engage.  I told her they NEED civil unrest, not the kind we saw with Trump's election, but more along the lines of venezuela.  I told her the best way to bring this about is via large scale food shortages, followed up with large scale power outages and then loss of communication (think along the lines of the internet and cellphone systems going down).  As I'm sure you know... the food shortage issue - fake, created, or real, doesn't matter - has begun.  

This... this is why I feel personally responsible for our unit dropping the ball... we lost sight of what I kept tellingmy little group of merry men - "enjoy peace and prosperity, but stay vigilant, watch and listen".

Guest ZombiesAteMyPoo
1 hour ago, Correus said:

I hear ya... I have a small collection of historic firearms - primarily WWI.  The last range days I enjoyed were with those; haven't taken any of the modern stuff out in awhile.

In my case I could say "life got in the way (work, family, chores, etc.)".  In reality, while those were part of the issue it boils down to laziness and complacency.  During the Obama administration my little group was active and even trained with a couple other groups.  Then things started to quite down.  By the time Trump was elected we were dormant and 2/3rds of our members either left the group for various reasons or physically left the area due to work, school and so on.  With the way tings are going now... I hate to admit it, but we screwed up.  We are trying to reform, but it's a major uphill push.  

This whole virus issue is doing a big number on this - people are afraid to get together.

What's bad is the way this is playing out, especially here in the US.  I'm not comfortable explaining how I've come about some of my knowledge... but it very well can get worse.  There is a 'play book' out there used by the military and government - intended, 'theoretically', to be used against other countries, that appears to be in play right now.  A part of this involves 'Mockingbird' in a way that was unheard of back when I was involved in this stuff.

Back in mid April I told the wife this and told her that IF the situation starts to get better, and doesn't go the way the powers-that-be want it to, the next steps in the play book will engage.  I told her they NEED civil unrest, not the kind we saw with Trump's election, but more along the lines of venezuela.  I told her the best way to bring this about is via large scale food shortages, followed up with large scale power outages and then loss of communication (think along the lines of the internet and cellphone systems going down).  As I'm sure you know... the food shortage issue - fake, created, or real, doesn't matter - has begun.  

This... this is why I feel personally responsible for our unit dropping the ball... we lost sight of what I kept tellingmy little group of merry men - "enjoy peace and prosperity, but stay vigilant, watch and listen".

It happens. You’re not the first or the last to fall asleep. We’re all guilty of it, otherwise there’d already be a strong presence around KS. 

3 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPoo said:

It happens. You’re not the first or the last to fall asleep. We’re all guilty of it, otherwise there’d already be a strong presence around KS. 

On the flip side of this... there are many within our State's legislation that stand behind the 'Constitutional' militia units within the State.  Do you remember when the Federal Government was forcing the issue in re taking the various National Gaurd units and shipping to the Mid East?  There were a few State Reps, as well as some Sheriff's office officials who sat down with some of us and discuss the future.  In a nutshell, they were curious as to how many units the State could actually depend on if push came to shove.  Other States, such as OK, MO, NB and TX were having similar discussions.

I mention this simply due to the fact that some of these Legislators are very interested in passing a bill recognizing Constitutional militia groups.  Decades ago the State did recognize them, and work with them, yet it got nixed sometime during the Vietnam era - IIRC.  These Reps feel the time is now to reinstate that part of our Constitution and policies.  The last I heard it was being worked on last fall... then we had an election, and now this.

What REALLY stymies the mind is that California does this!!!  I'm not sure how all it is regulated and such, but they do infact have a standing, citizens militia.

On 4/28/2020 at 5:55 PM, Correus said:

We've had to do the same.  We have a very rigorous vetting system, but somethings do get missed.  

On 4/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, Ideological Gambler said:

It happens. in PM I will give info but I doubt the two will try and join another unit. I do refuse to badmouth people so private is the only way, but unless you recruit in Hutchinson it should be a non issue. 

what's your "vetting' process?   and who decides if someone can roll with your click?...   what makes you worth "following" "orders", "directions", or invites from?   

how do you earn such powers?   did you find the couch first on this island?...

On 5/20/2020 at 9:12 AM, ZombiesAteMyPoo said:

you realize the early milita groups drilled right in the open in the town squares and streets?