fixer

A Special Memorial Day Message

Below is a nice message from Ssgt John Eric Mejia

Dear Family , Loved ones and close friends, I send this Memorial Day message to you from a forward deployed operating base in southern Afghanistan, I’m sending it today not just as U.S. Marine, but as a grateful American Citizen. I’m sending this message as a member of a family of Veterans who "Gave some" and to honor those who have "Given all". Ssgt Ben Williams, Cpl Mark Ryan, Cpl Jeremiah Barro,Lcpl Marcus Glimpse, Pfc Christopher White...my list can go on.

As we gather today at barbeques,parks,and beaches I would ask that we all take a moment to remember why it is that we have this day ,let us not do so somberly but proudly......let us honor all our Veterans dead and living. What this day and all the memorial parks around the nation do is not to let us forget the Veterans who sacrificed to give us our freedom, but rather gives us a day and a place to honor their memory.

This day pays tribute to our Fallen Veterans contributions to American Freedom, it should remind all who hear the phrase "Freedom isn't Free" are not just words, they are a value, a belief in the way of life that puts service for others above self. The American people cannot and should not ever forget what these Heroes did for us. We as a nation must keep faith with all our fallen Heroes and our Veterans. This then begs the question "How do we honor those who've sacrificed for us and our country ?”

I would ask you to search yourself for the answer, “ What is the measure of my resolve to give thanks for the freedoms that I have and that my family has been blessed with ?” What am I willing to do on my part to show thanks for these Freedoms that at times I take for granted , and that so many in the world long for ? Search your heart for the answer.

We need to remember the sacrifice and the courage of our fallen Heroes. Whenever there was a time our nation or the world asked ordinary men and women to do extraordinary things our Veterans heeded the call unselfishly. From the frozen defenses of Bastogne and The Chosen Reservoir, the deserts of North Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan, the sweltering jungles of the Pacific and Vietnam, the European battlefields and all the battles at Sea and the Air Duels above foreign skies.....any and all places our Veterans did their part to ensure freedom and peace.

Our honored Veterans and fallen gave up their futures so we can all have a brighter future with peace and freedom.

Author Albert Pine once said "What we do for ourselves dies with us, what we do for others and the world remains and is immortal....”. We must remember their sacrifice and their courage. Among the rows of all our Veterans today are countless stories of dedication and courage, but also of the loss of “a brother in arms”. When you see a Veteran thank that Veteran... within your family or your community, I'm sure there are Veterans, ask them to tell their stories to the younger generations, write them down, tell it to one another.......so we never forget their deeds of sacrifice to ensure freedom and ensure this great nation remains a Beacon of Hope. This generation owes tremendous thanks to the previous generations Veterans, for we could not be doing what we are now, had they not done their part then. Our Fallen Heroes and Veterans deserve that.... they deserve and have earned all the Nation can do for them.... we must never forget them or their sacrifices.

I am thankful everyday for our Veterans who have given selflessly to ensure our Freedom when I see the U.S. Flag, for every stitch of our great Flag is part of their story, part of their sacrifice, and part of their commitment. Let us also give thanks and appreciation to the families of our fallen Heroes and veterans, for without their enduring love and support their task would not have been possible.......this day belongs to them as well. It takes a big sacrifice to be worthy of freedom, a sacrifice born of that Veteran and their families. For the families are the ones that welcome our Veterans home, beneath a flag draped casket ,and then home to their final resting place......The families of our Veterans, deserve not just our thanks but our support as well, as they have also given unselfishly of themselves.

We cannot and should not take for granted our Veterans sacrifices. We as a Nation owe them a tremendous debt of gratitude. A debt that must be acknowledged to them not only on this day but everyday.........every day that our children go to school, every day we worship freely, every day we are free to pursue happiness............EVERYDAY THAT WE HAVE AND KNOW FREEDOM WITHOUT FEAR!!!!!!

It can be said that the way we as a nation remember our Veterans and our war dead is a mark of our Nations character.... and a measure of its heart and soul. All our Fallen Heroes and Veterans deserve our gratitude, they all deserve it for what they gave and deserve more then we can give for our peace and freedom. Ladies and Gentleman never think that a handful of committed people cannot change the world......in fact it's the only thing that ever has!

(British Statesman and Philosopher, Edmund Burke once said (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing!!!!).....

Let us go forth and prove to our Veterans and Fallen Heroes, that we are worthy of the sacrifices borne by so few for so many.

God bless all our Fallen Heroes and their families, God bless you all for taking the time to read this , and God bless the United States of America.

Yours very sincerely and respectfully ,

Ssgt John Eric Mejia

• Like 4

Below is a nice message from Ssgt John Eric Mejia

Dear Family , Loved ones and close friends, I send this Memorial Day message to you from a forward deployed operating base in southern Afghanistan, I’m sending it today not just as U.S. Marine, but as a grateful American Citizen. I’m sending this message as a member of a family of Veterans who "Gave some" and to honor those who have "Given all". Ssgt Ben Williams, Cpl Mark Ryan, Cpl Jeremiah Barro,Lcpl Marcus Glimpse, Pfc Christopher White...my list can go on.

As we gather today at barbeques,parks,and beaches I would ask that we all take a moment to remember why it is that we have this day ,let us not do so somberly but proudly......let us honor all our Veterans dead and living. What this day and all the memorial parks around the nation do is not to let us forget the Veterans who sacrificed to give us our freedom, but rather gives us a day and a place to honor their memory.

This day pays tribute to our Fallen Veterans contributions to American Freedom, it should remind all who hear the phrase "Freedom isn't Free" are not just words, they are a value, a belief in the way of life that puts service for others above self. The American people cannot and should not ever forget what these Heroes did for us. We as a nation must keep faith with all our fallen Heroes and our Veterans. This then begs the question "How do we honor those who've sacrificed for us and our country ?”

I would ask you to search yourself for the answer, “ What is the measure of my resolve to give thanks for the freedoms that I have and that my family has been blessed with ?” What am I willing to do on my part to show thanks for these Freedoms that at times I take for granted , and that so many in the world long for ? Search your heart for the answer.

We need to remember the sacrifice and the courage of our fallen Heroes. Whenever there was a time our nation or the world asked ordinary men and women to do extraordinary things our Veterans heeded the call unselfishly. From the frozen defenses of Bastogne and The Chosen Reservoir, the deserts of North Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan, the sweltering jungles of the Pacific and Vietnam, the European battlefields and all the battles at Sea and the Air Duels above foreign skies.....any and all places our Veterans did their part to ensure freedom and peace.

Our honored Veterans and fallen gave up their futures so we can all have a brighter future with peace and freedom.

Author Albert Pine once said "What we do for ourselves dies with us, what we do for others and the world remains and is immortal....”. We must remember their sacrifice and their courage. Among the rows of all our Veterans today are countless stories of dedication and courage, but also of the loss of “a brother in arms”. When you see a Veteran thank that Veteran... within your family or your community, I'm sure there are Veterans, ask them to tell their stories to the younger generations, write them down, tell it to one another.......so we never forget their deeds of sacrifice to ensure freedom and ensure this great nation remains a Beacon of Hope. This generation owes tremendous thanks to the previous generations Veterans, for we could not be doing what we are now, had they not done their part then. Our Fallen Heroes and Veterans deserve that.... they deserve and have earned all the Nation can do for them.... we must never forget them or their sacrifices.

I am thankful everyday for our Veterans who have given selflessly to ensure our Freedom when I see the U.S. Flag, for every stitch of our great Flag is part of their story, part of their sacrifice, and part of their commitment. Let us also give thanks and appreciation to the families of our fallen Heroes and veterans, for without their enduring love and support their task would not have been possible.......this day belongs to them as well. It takes a big sacrifice to be worthy of freedom, a sacrifice born of that Veteran and their families. For the families are the ones that welcome our Veterans home, beneath a flag draped casket ,and then home to their final resting place......The families of our Veterans, deserve not just our thanks but our support as well, as they have also given unselfishly of themselves.

We cannot and should not take for granted our Veterans sacrifices. We as a Nation owe them a tremendous debt of gratitude. A debt that must be acknowledged to them not only on this day but everyday.........every day that our children go to school, every day we worship freely, every day we are free to pursue happiness............EVERYDAY THAT WE HAVE AND KNOW FREEDOM WITHOUT FEAR!!!!!!

It can be said that the way we as a nation remember our Veterans and our war dead is a mark of our Nations character.... and a measure of its heart and soul. All our Fallen Heroes and Veterans deserve our gratitude, they all deserve it for what they gave and deserve more then we can give for our peace and freedom. Ladies and Gentleman never think that a handful of committed people cannot change the world......in fact it's the only thing that ever has!

(British Statesman and Philosopher, Edmund Burke once said (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing!!!!).....

Let us go forth and prove to our Veterans and Fallen Heroes, that we are worthy of the sacrifices borne by so few for so many.

God bless all our Fallen Heroes and their families, God bless you all for taking the time to read this , and God bless the United States of America.

Yours very sincerely and respectfully ,

Ssgt John Eric Mejia

• Like 1

RED FRIDAY...... WE MUST NEVER FORGET......THOSE WE HAVE LOST AND THOSE WHO ARE SERVING NOW...

• Like 1

semperFI and GOD bless all here and those that gave so much for the cause of freedom from 1775 to 2016 USMC VET

• Like 1