Sign in to follow this  
fixer

State of Vermont Militias - General Information

THIS THREAD IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION RELATING TO THE MODERN MILITIA MOVEMENT IN THE STATE OF:

VERMONT

PLEASE REFER TO THE OTHER STICKIES IN THIS SPECIFIC STATE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT:

• HOW TO START/JOIN A GROUP FOR THIS STATE
  • A COMPREHENSIVE DIRECTORY OF MILITIA WEBSITES
  • GUNS AND AMMO BUY SELL AND TRADE GROUPS

ADDITIONALLY YOU MAY USE THIS THREAD TO POST GENERAL QUESTIONS/COMMENTS PERTAINING TO THIS SPECIFIC STATE

WE HAVE STARTED BY INCLUDING SOME OF THIS STATES MILITIA HISTORY FROM WIKIPEDIA BELOW, WE WILL CONTINUE TO ADD MORE INFORMATION SO CHECK BACK OFTEN.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT MY MILITIA BY SHARING THIS IMAGE AND LINK:

promo.jpg

Linked to: http://www.mymilitia.com

Law-abiding American citizens who are participating in legal activities shall never be fearful of government reprisal.

Author of the topic Posted

History[edit]

The Vermont State Guard traces its roots in the American colonial times with local Vermont militias such as the Green Mountain Boys. During the American Revolution, the Green Mountain Boys took part in the campaign against British forces under General John Burgoyne, and assisted in the capture of Fort Ticonderoga.[3]

During the American Civil War, the Vermont Militia was expanded to include multiple units which served against the Confederates. Vermont regiments served in multiple battles, including the Battle of Antietam, the First Battle of Bull Run, the Second Battle of Bull Run. and the Battle of Gettysburg.[4]

During World War II, Vermont's first modern state defense force, set aside as a state organization immune from federal service, was established. During World War II, the Vermont State Guard raised a force of 1,278 men and 131 officers to stand in for the National Guard, and, as summarized by Vermont Governor William H. Wills, "have guarded, at the request of the Federal government, vital structures such as bridges, electric plants and dams, under the worst of conditions, sub zero weather and inadequate clothing and equipment. They have been on call for many local emergencies such as forest fires, the finding of lost persons, searching for airplane crashes" during their service during World War II.[5]

The modern incarnation of the Vermont State Guard was signed into law by Governor Richard A. Snelling on April 26, 1982.[2]

Law-abiding American citizens who are participating in legal activities shall never be fearful of government reprisal.

BuryTheHatchet submitted a new link:

645.jpg

Vermont Official State Website

The Official Website of the State of Vermont - Your gateway to information about living, working, visiting, and doing business in Vermont, and to Vermont state government.

nice thread here guys

"Ever since I arrived to a state of manhood...I have felt a sincere passion for liberty...so that the first...attempt at Lexington, to enslave America, thoroughly electrified my mind, and fully determined me to take part with my country."   Ethan Allen 1779