Semachiah benJacov

Orlando - Why the 2nd Amendment must be enforced with a vengeance!

5aa3d5c99c844_@ndguardstherest.jpg.ffb6548234d71f30851d2ca48ee2886a.jpg No matter what you think of queers, human life is human life & Orlando is nothing less than a tragic loss of human life. "TheTruth24.Info" reported on the response time of the Orlando SWAT team like this...

"As the largest mass shooting in modern U.S. history began to unfold, an off-duty police officer working at a gay nightclub exchanged gunfire with the suspect. But three hours passed before one of the nation”s most revered SWAT teams stormed the building and brought the attack in Orlando that left 49 people and the gunman dead to an end.

The decision by law enforcement to hold off on entering the club – where more than 100 people were shot, 49 of them killed – immediately raised questions among experts in police tactics. They said the lessons learned from other mass shootings show that officers must get inside swiftly – even at great risk – to stop the threat and save lives.

“We live in a different world. And action beats inaction 100 percent of the time,” said Chris Grollnek, an expert on active-shooter tactics and a retired police officer and SWAT team member."

Take note of how long it was before the 1st Response was made & how or who it was!

As in many clubs there was hired an "Off Duty Officer". What does this mean? It means that there was "A" person there who was an "Armed Citizen" exercising his 2nd Amendment Rights present. The Club ownership foresaw value in having an armed presence & they were right. Now consider if most everyone in the club had been equally exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights.

How quickly "MIGHT" have the assassin been stopped?

How many lives "MAY" have been saved?

Admittedly this "Armed Citizen" was a trained Officer as well. It is my personal belief, that if you are going to own a gun for self defense, then you should also be trained as to how to use it. I was raised with said training but in our modern society most would need regulated training, (regulated because con artist are everywhere), until we are able to returned to a life where guns are a normal part of a persons upbringing. This training could be in the form of school training, military training or state run or simply regulated classes, (State not Fed). This would make for an excellent second income for LEO's.

POINT:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

• Like 3

A Militia could also be started as a common neighborhood watch as well. Find the eager to learn, the pissed off victims and the ones who hate criminals. They are possible recruits right on the same street.

• Like 2

This is a post from a well respected friend and fire arms trainer/ competitor.

After the events in Florida, I have to ask: Are you ready? Are you prepared for what has become all too commonplace in our lives? If someone attempts to kill you and everyone around you (including your family) will you have the skills to kill them first?

I will answer these questions for you. Probably not. Do you have a gun? Probably. Have you spent enough time with it to be able to employ it quickly and efficiently? Probably not. If you don't train with the weapon you carry and there comes a day when you truly need it, you're going to look like an asshole. You might even be a dead asshole.

I'm sorry if this offends any of you. However, it needs to be said. This past weekend I was at a wedding for an old roommate. His younger sister was married to a real piece of work that has been stalking her ever since she divorced him and took their child because he decided meth and heroine were good pastimes. I was warned of this and I went to the reception prepared.

He has threatened to kill her and take the child. Consequently, she has a restraining order against him that he has violated three times now. I didn't think he would have the gumption to drive all the way to Vegas to track her down. I was wrong. He had stolen an invitation from a house that belongs to a friend of the family and found his way there.

He was parked in front of the house where the reception was taking place and was standing next to his truck with a rifle in his hands when we walked out front at the end of the reception. I saw him and drew my firearm. As soon as he saw that, like the cockroach he is, he scampered into his truck and left at a high rate of speed.

Fortunately for us, he was obviously not intent on hurting anyone. He had us dead to rights and didn't take a shot. If he had, hundredths of a second would have then become crucial. When hundredths count, how fast can you get to your weapon when it is set up the way you always carry it? Can you access it in under three seconds? Can you get to it in under two?Under a second and a half? Not if you haven't trained.

Please, please, please get some formal training. I know what it is like to think that you can learn on your own. I did it for years. And in one month of having some form of structured guidance, I made leaps and bounds forward that I never would have achieved in my lifetime without the help of a professional shooter. Stop believing in your dreams and accept the fact that you need help with this. Go out and train.

• Like 3

Not only will formal training teach and help you become proficient, but will also teach you safety, which all too many john waynes out there miss out on. We've had three incidents in town in the past month of locals discharging their guns accidentally in the city limits.

• Like 2