Sign in to follow this  
News Feeds

Woman Returns Home To Find Man In Her Child’s Bedroom, So She Shot Him

police-lights-e1467118353420.jpg

If you came home to find a strange man lurking in your child’s bedroom, would you do anything different than this Oregon woman?

I think not.

An Oregon woman fatally shot a home intruder after she found him in her child’s bedroom early Sunday, the Portland Police Department said.

Officers went to the woman’s home around 1:45 a.m. Sunday after receiving a report of a homeowner shooting someone inside her home.

The woman, 33, said she had returned home with her two children, ages 5 and 10, when she found a stranger in one of her child’s bedrooms. She was armed with a handgun and fired at least one shot at the man.

Officers found the man, 59, dead at the scene.

Please note that every account of this story reported in local Oregon news outlets suggest that this mother was armed when she left the home and had her gun on her when she returned home. I can’t find any accounts suggesting that she picked up a gun once she entered the home, or that she had any idea there was an intruder in the home until she was attempting to put her kids to bed.

She walked into the room, noticed that there was someone in her home that wasn’t supposed to be there, and well, she did what she any good parent should do.

She didn’t stand there incredulously, slack-jawed, waiting for him to make the first move. She identified a clear threat to her children in her home and did what I hope anyone would do when they recognize a potential threat to their children.

han-solo.jpg

She shot him.

She eliminated the threat to both children and herself, as any good mother would.

I don’t regard the taking of human life lightly, but I’m going to tell you without shame that I’d much rather hear about a home invader being killed than hear of how a mother was sexually assaulted and killed in front of her children.

Despite the best efforts of the radical statist fringe of the Democrat Party and their allies in the mainstream media, we still have the legal and moral right to defend ourselves from human predators. More and more women are realizing this, and taking advantage of that right every single day.

The post Woman Returns Home To Find Man In Her Child’s Bedroom, So She Shot Him appeared first on Bearing Arms.

Continue reading...