Sign in to follow this  
News Feeds

Survival Buzz: When SHTF You Will Need Boots + Giveaway

When-SHTF-You-Will-Need-Boots--250x250.jpg

When it comes to personal items, I tend to be a bit of a fashionista. Except when it come to boots. Boots are boots and performance trumps fashion. But what if you can have a pair of tactical boots that both look good and performs well? And I am not talking just about the ladies, either.

It takes a lot for me to get excited about survival gear that is worn which is probably why I don’t write about such products very often. On the other hand, if a particular item is outstanding, I am going to tell you about it. Such is the case with my new Maelstrom TAC FORCE Tactical Boots (also available for men). I have been wearing them full time for the past week and have to tell you, these are fantastic.

When-SHTF-You-Will-Need-Boots-.jpg

Below I will share some of the details and a few specs but first, I am thrilled to inform you that the nice folks at Maelstrom will be providing one pair for free to a lucky Backdoor Survival reader More about that in a moment; first let me tell you about the boots.

Review of the Maelstrom TAC FORCE 8″ Tactical Boots

It goes without saying that when the stuff hits the fan, a good pair of boots will be put to good use. They might be used to hike out to a stream and back with fresh water, or to evacuate on foot to higher ground during flood conditions. They might be used to wade through mud and muck during a storm, or as a sturdy set of footwear allowing you decent traction while preparing your garden in the Spring. When and if the SHTF, boots will become a necessity and not a luxury.

Maelstrom-Boots-In-Forest.jpg

Two things jumped out at me when I first wore these boots. First of all, they have a side zipper. This may not seem like a big deal but anyone who has struggled with lacing a pair of boots to get them just so knows how frustrating it is to take your hard work apart when removing the boots. Next day, or the next time you wear the boots, you have to start the process all over again. With the zipper and accompanying Velcro tab, after the first time, you can slip the boots on and off in seconds. No adjustments required.

The second thing is that no break in period was (or is) required. I did have to remove the included removable, polyurethane insole, but after that I was good to go. On day one I wore the boots from 8AM to 8PM and during that time, I was packing and moving boxes around, going up and down stairs, and of course, taking Tucker the Dog on his daily hike through the woods.

Although the boots are marketed as being water resistant rather than waterproof, I did wade into the salt water before continuing along my way during a hike. My feet did not get wet and later, when I removed the boots, my socks were still bone dry. That was a good sign.

Maelstrom-Boots-In-Water.jpg

Here are a few things you need to know. I ordered my usual size and found the boots were a bit snug. It is for that reason I removed it’s cushioning insole. It is designed to be removable so no biggie. My suggestion would be to order a half size up unless you have a narrow foot. That said, the boots were extremely comfortable without the insole.

These boots are remarkably light weight. I weighed them on my scale at home and the two boots (size 7.5) came in at only 2 lbs 1 ounce. That is for both boots!

In my usual manner, I am not going to list every single spec for you, Instead, let me direct you to this page that describes the Maelstrom TAC FORCE 8″ boot in detail. I am sure you will be impressed.

The Giveaway

The winner of the giveaway will be able to pick boots in the color of their choice: black, tan, or coyote brown. In addition, if you want to get a super discount on the boots, for the month of September Maelstrom is running a 25% off special on their website. To take advantage of this offer, just use the coupon code 25A09 at checkout. Or, you can purchase Maelstrom boots at Amazon.com where they are also discounted as a matter of course.

I highly recommend these boots and for a cost of around of $65 or less, these are a great buy.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

To enter the giveaway, you need to utilize the Rafflecopter form below. Select one or more of the options after signing in using your email account or Facebook, the choice is yours. The best way to start is by clicking on “Free Entry for Everyone”. After that, each option you select represents an additional entry. There are a number of different options so pick and choose or select them all.

The deadline is 6:00 PM Pacific next Tuesday with the winner notified by email and announced on the Rafflecopter in the article. Please note that the winner must claim their prize within 48 hours or an alternate will be selected.

Note: Due to Customs requirements, this giveaway is only open to those with a mailing address in the United States.

Current Backdoor Survival Giveaways

Preppers-Armed-Defense-400x400.jpg

With all giveaways, winners are notified by email and have 48 hours to claim their prize or an alternate will be selected. Once selected, the names of winners are also displayed in the Rafflecopter on the original giveaway article. This usually happens on the Friday following the end of the giveaway.

Coming Soon: 2016 Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle

For the third year in a row, I am promoting the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle. This is the bundle of all bundles as far as I am concerned because it is always chock full of well written eBooks, online courses, and special bonuses that deliver real value.

2016-Healthy-Living-Bundle-Coming-Soon-400.jpg

I am sworn to secrecy at the moment, but hint hint, wink wink, there is one online course that you are not going to want to miss. The 2016 Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle is coming soon, on September 21st. Click here to be notified of the details when they come available.

The Final Word

When I was a young girl, my brothers wore what were called at the time “Patrol Boots”. We are talking about the mid 50s and thes boots for boys were all the rage. I now have my own patrol boots and have been showing them off to everyone who will listen.

Other than having fun with my new boots, this week has been more of the same. We do have, fingers crossed, an offer on our home that is pending and if everything goes well, will be moving at the end of the month. In the meantime, I am dreaming about a mountain retreat and fresh water fishing in a forest lake. A girl can dream!

Enjoy your next adventure through common sense and thoughtful preparation!

If you enjoyed this article, consider subscribing to email updates. When you do, you will receive a free, downloadable copy of my e-Book, The Emergency Food Buyer’s Guide.

You can also vote for Backdoor Survival daily at Top Prepper Websites!

Related Articles:

Bargain Bin: In addition to these fantastic boots, here are a number of favorites mentioned by Backdoor Survival readers in the article 39 Fantastic Prepping Tips.

Maelstrom TAC FORCE 8″ Tactical Boots: You will just have to take my word about these boots. Most colors and sizes come with free returns so there is really no risk. Lightweight and comfy, I wear these even though the stuff has not hit the fan. Yet,

6847842490_138094a737.jpg

Streamlight Nano Light Keychain LED Flashlight: Extremely small and light weight yet it will throw off a decent amount of super-bright light. At just .36 ounces and 1.47 inches long, the S treamlight Nano Light Keychain Flashlight will take up a minimum of space in your pocket or bag.

Paracord Survival Braceletir?t=gaye-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B007NKVU54: Why a Paracord Bracelet? So you always have some of this useful cord on your person!

Windstorm Safety Whistleir?t=gaye-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000UG67RY: I have many cheap whistles but for in my bug out bag, I stash the Windstorm whistle. I have tested it and this particular whistle can be heard a long distance away and above howling wind and other competing sounds.

Swedish Firesteel: Using this basic pocket fire-starter, you can get a nice fire going under almost any conditions. This is a small, compact version.

Pepper Spray: It is always good to have some form of defense that will temporarily halt a bad guy that is in your face.

Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets: These come in compressed packets small enough to fit in a pocket or wallet. You will be surprised at how warm these will keep you.

6993965175_78a15125cc.jpg

Kershaw OSO Sweet Knife: This “oh so sweet” knife is solidly built, stainless steel knife that comes razor sharp right out of the package. It will pretty much cut through anything the price is amazing. Currently less than $17.

8567150986_9a1bf72d41_o.jpg

Blocklite Mini Compact Size Ultra Bright 9V LED Flashlightir?t=continmoti-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B003VUIXX2: One of my readers (James) turned me on to the Blocklite. I now own six. There is a similar flashlight called the Pak-Lite (which is more expensive) but it does not have a high-low switch like this one.

MPOWERD Luci EMRG Inflatable Solar Lanternir?t=continmoti-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00F5TIOXG: This is the original Luci EMRG Solar lantern. I have put mine through its paces and it is one tough cookie. It has weathered both a wind storm and rain storm while hanging outdoors for a month. Lightweight, waterproof and shatterproof, Luci EMRG provides ultra-bright, reliable light to guide your way indoors and out, through blackouts or extreme weather conditions. These are infinitely useful and a great value.

Luci-EMRG-250_18.jpg

~~~~~

For over 25 years Emergency Essentials has been providing the highest quality preparedness products at great prices. Plus, each month they feature sales that quite honestly are fantastic. This month note the great sale prices two of my favorites, the Mobile Washer (Hand Operated Washing Machine)show?id=9PGNDhpmhqI&bids=417574.10001422&type=3&subid=0 now only $14.95 and the Tote-able Toilet Seat and Lidshow?id=9PGNDhpmhqI&bids=417574.10001577&type=3&subid=0, now only $11.79.

728x90_SEP2016.jpg

show?id=9PGNDhpmhqI&bids=417574.10001749&type=4&subid=0

~~~~~

Need something from Amazon (and who doesn’t)?

I earn a small commission from purchases made when you begin your Amazon shopping experience here. You still get great Amazon service and the price is the same, no matter what.

Amazon has a feature called Shop Amazon - Most Wished For Items. This is an easy tool for finding products that people are "wishing” for and in this way you know what the top products are. All you need to do is select the category from the left hand side of the screen.

Help support Backdoor Survival. Purchases earn a small commission and for that I thank you!

~~~~~

Which are the best oils for your survival kit? This article describes my top picks.

9-Best-Essential-Oils-for-Your-Survival-Kit-400x267.jpg

The post Survival Buzz: When SHTF You Will Need Boots + Giveaway by Gaye Levy first appeared on Backdoor Survival.

Continue reading...