fixer

The Walking Dead

This season kind of sucks, but i guess you got to know the story line and all, neegan is one of those guys you'd just love to have in crosshairs.

I am a few weeks behind but look forward to catching up as a matter of fact I am watching "Service" as we speak !! I love the show but really hated losing Glenn !!!

• Sad 1

The premise is pretty bad and the subplots even worse. The comic books are part of that twisted drug culture thing of evil genius.

The idea in the totality of the story is to "prove" what scum people are by showing that hardship and challenge create all that backstabbing evil stuff, and the long game is that they are already all dead, but in a version of purgatory which was created to challenge their morality.

The more realistic premise in another genre is that of "The Last Ship" and to a lesser degree, the one from the original Charlton Heston Omega Man.

Mad Max is a lot of fun, but not a realistic premise. For that matter, Defiance is pretty interesting, but in the end, it's SciFi.

• Like 1

So, I found Season 1 on Netflix, watched it in about 3 days and have followed ever since. This has been the hardest season to watch because of Negan subjugating our group but last night was the return (I hate this breaking the season in two parts) and the group is coming back on top!

I really enjoy this show because forget the "zombie" premise.. when society breaks down due to catastrophe or war... when people are starving and trying to protect their kids/ families and they are hungry, it is going to be on. Just look at current events where the rioters are spitting, hitting, burning, destroying... these are people reverting to their feral state. And this is just politics! When the gang bangers, thugs, BLMers get hungry.. they will be ten times worse.

These types of shows provide HOW to band together, what to look for, how to improvise, etc for the common people who want to do so. I enjoy the entertainment factor but I also look beyond for any crumb I can glean to put to practical use.

• Like 1

I really enjoy this show because forget the "zombie" premise.. when society breaks down due to catastrophe or war... when people are starving and trying to protect their kids/ families and they are hungry, it is going to be on. Just look at current events where the rioters are spitting, hitting, burning, destroying... these are people reverting to their feral state. And this is just politics! When the gang bangers, thugs, BLMers get hungry.. they will be ten times worse.

These types of shows provide HOW to band together, what to look for, how to improvise, etc for the common people who want to do so. I enjoy the entertainment factor but I also look beyond for any crumb I can glean to put to practical use.

BOOM... reality shows are missing out. Very rarely is raw human emotion and action shown in survival situations. People can and will do anything necessary to stay alive. Those of weak personality will kill themselves or shut down and die. The rest will have no remorse or regret when their, or their family's, sweat and blood is on the line.

• Like 1

BOOM... reality shows are missing out. Very rarely is raw human emotion and action shown in survival situations. People can and will do anything necessary to stay alive. Those of weak personality will kill themselves or shut down and die. The rest will have no remorse or regret when their, or their family's, sweat and blood is on the line.

Exactly... and NOW is the time to locate like minded people to band with... learn to trust... build a network.. when the SHTF, everyone will gather together with those they trust and any new comer will be suspect. It has to be so for the good of the group. No one WANTS to be heartless but if you only have "this much" and someone comes along with nothing to contribute... food, weapons, skills, labor if nothing else, etc... then they are just another mouth to feed...another drain on resources... a liability. Sounds harsh I get it....

I am 63, have been buying extra food cans, have ammo... making med kits out of basic stuff to share or use for bartering... I am not in any group as there are none around me and my closest daughter is NOT preparing ...thinks I am crazy... the one daughter who is canning food every day... runs her food dehydrator all day every day... her family lives 3-4 hrs away... I get it... If I am going to join up with some group... I had better be bringing something to the table besides an appetite!

I have been watching the spin off “Fear The Walking Dead”  trying to give it a chance to grip me like TWD did from the first episode. This past season was (for me) the worst and I am not watching it any longer. Not because Madison was killed off, no character has risen to the main character and it will be 3 yrs in August the show has been running. 😱

Waiting for TWD to restart. 

This is taken from an article written in Oct 2017 but it explains my thoughts about the show 100%: 

But I've always felt the zombies in The Walking Dead were more like a natural disaster; a plague that sweeps away all the institutions we rely on in modern society. Faced with that challenge, what kind of person do you become? Can you survive the brutality of this new world and keep your humanity intact? And are the zombies — or "walkers," as they're called in the world of The Walking Dead — the biggest threat, or are other people? Seven years in, the show is still exploring those questions: ..”

https://www.npr.org/sections/monkeysee/2017/10/23/559035940/the-walking-dead-returns-to-form-in-season-8-premiere

It's gotten to a point in twd where we always need some evil guy.   I wish they spend time showing the struggles of living and the supplies for a little bit. 

The full auto is insane

I've been watching it from the beginning.  I missed Glen when he got killed off.  I spent most of the show hoping Chandler Riggs character would get killed off and was glad when it finally happened.  I hear that Rick is going to get killed off this coming season.  It's had it's ups and downs but overall I like it and try to never miss an episode.  The Fear of the Walking Dead is getting pretty good now.  I was wanting Nick to get killed off for some time but last season I was actually starting to like his charterer then they went and killed him off!  9_9

8 hours ago, Megatron said:

It's gotten to a point in twd where we always need some evil guy.   I wish they spend time showing the struggles of living and the supplies for a little bit. 

The full auto is insane

Yah, the wast of ammo on the show is totally ridiculous and unrealistic!

yeah I see no need for full auto in walking dead but it  makes for tv....I cant get into fear the walking dead till this season garret dillahunt is kewl.