fixer

Oklahoma Volunteer Militia

Hello all, my name is Joshua I'm for wanting to get involved with an active group in Oklahoma, I am located in the greater Tulsa metro area look forward to hearing from someone soon.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/04/22/okla-militia-co-founder-defends-bundy-feds-are-picking-and-choosing-laws-enforce

The Oklahoma Volunteer Militia is supporting Cliven Bundy in his Nevada ranch standoff with the federal government.

The U.S. government wants the 67-year-old rancher to pay more than $1 million in grazing fees, but Bundy does not recognize the federal government.

Scott Shaw, co-founder of the Oklahoma Volunteer Militia, was on “The O’Reilly Factor” tonight. While he says Bundy did break the law, he said he disagrees with the government sending in armed agents to seize cattle.

“We always hear that we’re a nation of laws, but it turns out we’re only a nation of laws when it suits our federal overlords, you know, they like to pick and choose what law they’re going to enforce, and that’s not fair,” Shaw said.

O’Reilly asked Shaw what the difference is between Bundy and the “Occupy” movement.

“Well the difference is Mr. Bundy’s providing a service to the nation [...] he’s providing the country with beef. The Occupy movement, to this day, I still don’t know what they’re providing the country with.”

Shaw also noted that there were no reports of arrests or destruction by Bundy supporters, though there were with Occupy protesters.

When asked if he believes the government is oppressive, Shaw said, “Oh definitely […] we’re losing ground via our liberties and freedoms on a daily basis.”

Shaw believes the government will continue to infringe on citizens’ rights.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1