fixer

Guide to individual tactical readiness

Read your entry level requirements and I am confident that even at 53 years old. I am more than capable. I do need to get some BDU's but other than that , I have spent significant time and money on acquiring the rest of the gear . Being a former emergency services first responder, I have significant insight into medical supplies and my own personal survival gear . My point is, if I were to be termed an able bodied member, what would I be considered in an active unit ? I am hoping to move as far into this as I possibly can, so I will listen to all responses . Thanks guys , this stuff is probably life saving .

@GregWrench this is from Michigan Militia. We, as a site, don't endorse a specific course of training/equipment. Rather, we are just trying to provide information for others to get started!
  • Like 2

Greg, that is an old Michigan Militia guide and a lot of it is kind of outdated, especially when it comes to the medical portion. Honestly where you fit into any unit is really up to your personality, your knowledge, skills, and abilities and who/what they are as well as what they are in need of.

• Like 4

The three founding members of our group are all over 53. Ha. We may be a little slower than we used to be, but we're a heck of a lot meaner. Lol

• Like 1

C/H, yeah, age will get to ya. IMHO some kind of workout routine especially after 45 is pretty important. I based our 30/60/90 day workout plan off of one on this site: https://darebee.com/

Lotta good easy simple fitness routines that don't require any special equipment, $, etc. Just time, effort, and some self motivation.

• Like 1

Most is mental and self-motivation...I just turned 50 and I am in just as good shape now as I was at 18. I was in the military in '86' and my son is in the National Guard now and I max their current PT requirements and ruck sack marches and pretty good with my Colt AR. Just make yourself do it, remember..."Embrace the Suck."

• Like 1