Hunter

Separation of church and state

This is why we need civics class back in schools.

I learned that the separation of church and state was not intended to remove religious beliefs from government, but to keep the government out of the church. Also intended to prevent a church body (I.e. the Catholic church) from becoming a governing body.

To insist that any man should check his spiritual beliefs at the capital steps is ludicrous and injurious to the nation.

All we would be left with as politicians would be Godless, morality free heathen. Oh wait, that's what we have now!

• Like 1

Chris and E.C.C. You both have great additions to this post. There are so many times I engage with people who state that a nativity can't be displayed a the town hall. Do to the constitutional directive " seperation of church and state ". I always ask where in the constitution I will find this. With myself knowing the truth I enjoy watching them twist themselves into stupid.

• Like 1

This is why we need civics class back in schools.

I learned that the separation of church and state was not intended to remove religious beliefs from government, but to keep the government out of the church. Also intended to prevent a church body (I.e. the Catholic church) from becoming a governing body.

To insist that any man should check his spiritual beliefs at the capital steps is ludicrous and injurious to the nation.

All we would be left with as politicians would be Godless, morality free heathen. Oh wait, that's what we have now!

WOW, I agree !

I am hoping that the Johnson Amendment gets wiped out soon. It is time that lessons on political morality be taught in our churches again.

Agreed

• Like 1

I learned that the separation of church and state was not intended to remove religious beliefs from government, but to keep the government out of the church.

THIS