FarmerJohn

Checking In, upstate NY here

Started looking into the watchmen group and ended up here. Seemed too loosely organized for the info they wanted. Too many wanna be groups out there today and with out a face to face anyone can claim anything. Down to the meat and potato of why i joined here. Just looking to network with people in my area. With all the craziness in the world today having a group of like minded individuals in ones general vicinity seems like a novel idea. Not into all that rambo shit, though i do like my toys. I love my country and its founding fundamentals, even if some years its run by fools. Low tolerance for willfully stupid people but i believe ignorance is a correctable condition. Work hard, Live hard, Love hard and Die hard. that about sums me up. Thanks for having me folks ;)

WOA was deeply rooted in our site a while back then with out notice they changed there desination and went awol, they may of been faced with the repercussions of trying to operate a national militia unit across state lines

I can see linking militia groups across country for intel sharing purposes but it makes more sense for units to remain local. Less strain on resources, greater unit cohesion and home team advantage. Idea of militia goes back to before our country had a fixed army. Citizens of an area were that areas first last and best defense. They are not and never were meant to be national i dont think. While im not sure about this i bet somewhere on paper are rules and regs the oldtime militias went by. These guys wanted money before i could even talk to members in my area to see if linking up was feasible. Sending them cash doesnt help me or my neighbors if their nearest member is 3 states away. Each member should be responsible for having their own gear and maybe a little more. I keep some extra stuff to hand out to my neighbors if the situation ever came up; you can bet your ass i wouldnt charge them for it if the time came i needed to hand it out. Got to say though, they had a pretty home site. Although, instead of pictures of gear they would have done better posting pics of group outings and accomplishments. Ive been in disaster zones before watching ppl fight and steal little bits of food and tanks of propane from each other while seeing a police officer or a soldier is still days or weeks away because infrastructure is so badly damaged. Im looking for a group that steps up in times like that, hands out food, checks on elderly neighbors, stands up to looters but knows that a disaster does not give them the right to act like their warlords in a 3rd world country. Know what i mean? Just the good ole boys doing the right thing and keeping cool heads when shit is rough and no one else knows how to react.

Thanks whiskey, looking for other new yorkers to bounce ideas around with.Im in the hudson valley area. So, anyone in the general area reads this, feel free to reply or pm. I hear fema is doing nuke evac/attack drills in Albany and down near Manhattan. Im right in between those two places. Got me a little concerned to be honest. I doubt anything will actually come of it, but id rather be prepared and have a plan than not spare it a thought and kick myself later on. Panic and fear can be more dangerous than any weapon and the country seems to be unstable as is lately.

• Like 1