BuryTheHatchet

Build the border wall, because it works

Ran into an excellent video on where a wall is working great and has been for years. As long as the wall security is properly staffed, this should work elsewhere.

[MEDIA=facebook]id=840490512783569;type=video[/MEDIA]

Staffing part of the issue now too. They need to increase the BP budget and recruit alot of new blood. If they dont do that, the wall wont solve anything. Itll be like a $5500 rifle with an empty magazine. Pretty with lots of potential, but useless unless loaded

Staffing part of the issue now too. They need to increase the BP budget and recruit alot of new blood. If they dont do that, the wall wont solve anything. Itll be like a $5500 rifle with an empty magazine. Pretty with lots of potential, but useless unless loaded

There is no need for more personnel. Utilize the national guard and reserves to patrol the border. Lots of countries use the military to patrol their border. This allows the guard and reserve troops needed training as well. I didn't post to argue with you just offer another solution to the problem.

• Like 1

No, i agree. That is a sound solution. If they implement it, it will work. And it could be done without additional cost to the taxpayers since the national guard are already on the pay roll. But the wall will need to be manned sufficiently to be effective

There is no need for more personnel. Utilize the national guard and reserves to patrol the border. Lots of countries use the military to patrol their border. This allows the guard and reserve troops needed training as well. I didn't post to argue with you just offer another solution to the problem.

Honestly, i dont know why they arent currently doing that anyway. I lived on the border for a while and the bp has alot of cool toys at their disposal but not enough manpower to be in every place at once. Patrols are hit and miss and running back amd forth every time something sets off seismic plate. Using the guard and reserves would put an end to that.

• Like 1

Two areas of contention in using reserve or national guard.

1. Payroll, NG/RA troops are paid for less than a week a month while in service unless they are on full time duty. To put them on the borders would require them to be paid for full pay, on the federal level.
  2. The use of federal troops on US soil is banned. The only exception I'm aware of is the 72 hours of an emergency. Troops on the wall would have to be federalized to work for BP.

Two areas of contention in using reserve or national guard.

1. Payroll, NG/RA troops are paid for less than a week a month while in service unless they are on full time duty. To put them on the borders would require them to be paid for full pay, on the federal level.
  2. The use of federal troops on US soil is banned. The only exception I'm aware of is the 72 hours of an emergency. Troops on the wall would have to be federalized to work for BP.

The solution to that is rotate the two week training cycle between units and create an amendment for a border exception. There are also groups of citizens that will gladly volunteer to assist with the border control but there are others that resist that.

Allowing civilian groups to man a federal structure across several states could get sticky fast. They would need standardized screening/training in the least. Real training along with federal or at least state recognition.

Allowing civilian groups to man a federal structure across several states could get sticky fast. They would need standardized screening/training in the least. Real training along with federal or at least state recognition.

There are militia groups already trained and have already volunteered along parts of the border. They wouldn't patrol the entire border either, just in their state.