fixer

IF YOU COULD ONLY PICK ONE....

You do not show what would be my choice, which is an XM177E2, better known as a CAR 15.

I have No interest in any of the modern day choices you give!

But it really doesn't matter since I already have a CAR 15, an MP 43, a Thompson, a Bren and an MG 42. Oh, and YES they are All functioning firearms!

Sarge

• Like 2

But honestly this entirely METT-TC dependent. Each weapon is designed for a certain role and terrain in mind. Now if its a work horse rifle that can do a lot of the roles you might need it for and do them decently you can eliminate the super specialized ones right off the bat. All the sub guns and all of the support guns, gone. All sniper set ups gone. Leaving mostly the carbine, or battle rifles. FAMAS....JUNK. ACR, we wanted you to succeed and be a great gun but then you got hooked on bad plastic and your developers gave up on you. GONE. FS 2000 and Tavor, you certainly are decent weapons but i'm going to have to pass. Tavor you feel like a KEL-TEC RFB when firing, and FS 2000 you are smooth but you have a weak bolt cover that likes to break off in any real infantry use. FAL, as much as I want to put on short shorts in tiger strip and come hunt bad guys with you in the Rhodesian bush I've just seen too many cobble jobs on rail mounts to think that you live up to my standards. AK-47.....I feel like your the aging bar slut that everyone loves to talk about how good you are but every time I put rounds through you I want to shoot my classier rifles. You just leave a lot to be desired past 300m. Ya Ya Ya, your super reliable and can be fixed with a chicken bone and Cheetos but there are younger models out there that can out pace you on everything else. M16, & M4, you are like the faithful girl next door who while not the hottest out there has always been there for me and surprised me with you performance. But we both know this is going to be a Dawson's Creek relationship and we can only be friends in the long run. Ill come by and visit once a month but we can't be intimate anymore. I'm seeing someone else. SCAR 17H. I was skeptical at first but feel in love with you after the first range day. Your so forgiving on the recoil. I can mount anything I want to you and you smile back at me. If i'm in the mood for Tula you eat everyone of them with out fail. When we go to the range you make all the other shooters jealous, not only because of you looks but that gong sound at 700m with your 16.25" barrel has all the AR-10 guys hating. When we need to go urban sneaky your the only .308 in the vehicle that fits comfortably with that folding butt stock. Did i mention your ambi controls for us lefties? FN SCAR17H you complete me.

DISCLAIMER: Before everybody gets triggered because your favorite rifle may have been dissed remember your not a snow flake and this a bit of satire.

• Like 2

Spectre 6, Thank you for pointing out that the choice of weapon is mostly dependent on METT-TC. Makes all of this conversation kind of academic. Working METT-TC into our operational planning with NYVR for the past year. Clarifies things quite effectively!

It should be pushed more in the militia community. Its the building block for every WARNO and operational planning. I push it to the point of sounding like a nagging wife. I want everybody not just team leaders to be thinking about it.

I saw a rifle mentioned above that I forgot about for some reason???

The FN/FAL. Unlike most who have one, mine has a run fast switch on it. It is probably one of the most accurate rifles in FA that anyone will ever shoot!!! I can consistantly put a 5 rd burst in the chest of a sillouete at 200 meters. I normally only shoot 3 rd bursts though because it has the best trigger of any FA that I've ever shot!

Sarge

• Like 1

If I could only pick one gun, it would be my EDC pistol because I'm more likely to have it when needed. Then if the s did htf, I could sneak up on the enemy and use it to take their rifle. ;)