Hope this brightens your day:

My Girlfriend Sandy and I met online. After dating a long time, I introduced her to my uncle, who was fascinated by the fact that we met over the Internet. He asked Sandy what kind of line he had used to pick me up. Ever the geek, Sandy naively replied, “I just used a modem.”

I met my Wife while I was working in a science library. She came in every week to read the latest journals and eventually decided to take out the librarian instead of the books. After a year and a half of dating, she showed up at the library and started rummaging through my desk. I asked what he was looking for, but she didn’t answer. Finally he unearthed one of the rubber stamps I used to identify reference books. “Since I couldn’t find the right engagement ring, this will have to do,” she said as she firmly stamped my hand. Across my knuckles, in capital letters, it read... “NOT FOR CIRCULATION".

Your perception of reality can be distorted by the smallest of things.

Business professor: "Who can give me an example of a system where you are billed before you actually receive your goods?" Student: "Tuition!"

John and I were putting the siding on a barn we were building. I noticed John would take nails out of his pouch, hammer in a few and throw a few away. I asked him why he was throwing so many nails away. He said he was throwing them away because they had the heads on the wrong end. I shook my head and said, "John! Don't you know anything about carpentry? Those nails are for the other side of the building!"

Stop worrying and start feeling. If you feel like being sad, concerned, or even disappointed, then go ahead. Let yourself feel deeply what is happening in your life. Worry is not an emotion. It is created by the mind and keeps you in turmoil. Letting go of worry frees you to feel what is real. Worry can keep you from feeling freely which may be the reason you choose to worry.

Scott