Guest Jason M

List of active militias by area

Guest Jason M

Is there anyway of getting a list of active militias by the area they serve? This would help out new people like me find a local militia to join.

Guest Jason M
Author of the topic Posted

State wide Militias.

1. Carolina State Guard. This group is an organized militia. This group is under orders from the Governed of SC. 

Locations

Columbia- Charleston - Fountain Inn

Are you referring to within each state? If they start a group here on the site it will add them to the map

https://www.mymilitia.com/militias/

Law-abiding American citizens who are participating in legal activities shall never be fearful of government reprisal.

Add your link here https://www.mymilitia.com/links/category/40-south-carolina-militias/

we have many links to add just takes time , not sure yours is one

Law-abiding American citizens who are participating in legal activities shall never be fearful of government reprisal.

I don't do the Facebook thing...advantage/disadvantage, I guess it is how one looks at it. The gun shows that I go to in Augusta,GA have had the Georgia State Guard booths there with info., same with SC.  They are controlled by the governor of the state and do mostly severe weather clean up and the such.  

Guest Jason M
Author of the topic Posted

South Carolina Militia Guard. This militia  is not under orders of the Governor. Can be found on facebook

Guest Jason M
Author of the topic Posted (edited)

I believe that there are militias close just have to find them. If not then will look into it. 

Edited by Jason M
Misspelled word

On 4/9/2018 at 7:20 AM, Sandlapper said:

I don't do the Facebook thing...advantage/disadvantage, I guess it is how one looks at it. The gun shows that I go to in Augusta,GA have had the Georgia State Guard booths there with info., same with SC.  They are controlled by the governor of the state and do mostly severe weather clean up and the such.  

I read, some time ago, that about 40? of the States have "state guard/state defense" forces.  These are basically a reserve/auxiliary component to the National Guard.  They are associated with the state (through the NG) but, as I recall, cannot be federalized or used outside the state.  These are more closely aligned with what people normally think of, when they hear the word Militia.  My understanding is, these are the Governor's forces and cannot be taken from his control.  There is a statewide command structure (same officers as National Guard?), and certain minimum standards to be met.  Sounds good, but if you're in Virginia right now, you'd be under control of the blackface Governor.

Speaking personally, I prefer a county system of strictly volunteers, taking authority from the County Sheriff; or not, depending on the circumstances.

An acquaintance of mine has just moved to Charleston, SC.  She is very savvy politically and would be a great asset for a militia group -- not necessarily as a trigger-puller, but as someone with a lot of political and practical knowledge, something that any active, growing group needs. She's a refugee from California and, if nothing else, can testify from personal experience what happens when the Left gets control of a state.

Is there a serious group in Charleston I can put her in touch with?

Or, go the other way. This is her blog: http://www.bookwormroom.com 

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

1 hour ago, Claw Hammer said:

I'll check out the blog. 

Western survival shooter is a great blog site too. 

Thanks.  I don't think she's a natural 'gun' type of person, although I could be wrong.

But the militia movement needs to be surrounded by sympathetic people, starting with conservatives, which she most certainly is.

You might think conservatives would naturally be sympathetic to the militia movement, but that's not necessarily so, since it has gotten a bad press due to a few nut cases, and this has inevitably affected the way even conservatives think about it.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, Claw Hammer said:

Whoa ... just lookat at Western Survival Shooter ... they have an amazingly-good collection of resources to download.

I wonder if we can parasite on/cooperate with/ them.  I'll bet their users would be ours and vice versa.

3 hours ago, Doug1943 said:

Whoa ... just lookat at Western Survival Shooter ... they have an amazingly-good collection of resources to download.

I wonder if we can parasite on/cooperate with/ them.  I'll bet their users would be ours and vice versa.

Agree

On 2/4/2020 at 6:46 AM, Claw Hammer said:

I'll check out the blog. 

Hmm must of missed something. I cannot seem to find the link anywhere.

On 4/8/2018 at 8:07 PM, Jason M said:

State wide Militias.

1. Carolina State Guard. This group is an organized militia. This group is under orders from the Governed of SC. 

Locations

Columbia- Charleston - Fountain Inn

New Jersey P413