Ripcannon

7mm rem mag or .300 win mag

I got a .338 win mag and I got a .300 win mag i literally just got but I kinda  wanted a 7mm rem mag for a long time but it's another Barrett m98b witch is the same as my .300 so id have to get rid of the the .300 to afford the 7mms rem mag so I just kinda want feed back if you have any opinion please let me no I have wanted a 7mm rem mag with 1×3 red dot for a while but this isn't semi auto like I wanted so I'm kinda on the fence.

There are a load of excellent platforms for the 7 mag.

I would go with a more budget friendly option versus getting rid of a single gun. I have a 7mag and I really like the 300 win mag. It's really tough to like one over the other. Ballistics favor the 300 when trying to bring home meat past 500 yards. I know I can bust game with my 7 out past that but i never load heavier than 150gr for it so weight retention is a factor. My point is, I can effectively hit paper at 600 with my .308 but I wouldn't take game that far with it. So, intended purpose is relevant. I know Barnes solid are a good option but I really like partition. You know how it is, once I get something dialed in I resist change. 

Would i get rid of my 7mag for a 300? Only if i were to start going out west to mountain hunt. Other than that, my 7mag ain't gonna get gone.

• Like 1

Yeah your right i was thinking about just getting a conversion that'll save money I think I'd have to sleep in the garage for a month if i bring home another few 1000$ gun ...I was looking at a savage for 600$ that might be my best option then at least I'll have the rifle for the round.I really am just trying to collect my favorite long range rifles.thanks Bro for the input everybody's telling me not to get rid of my .300 it honestly probably kill me to sell it for a decent price anyway thanx bro.

• Like 1