Sign in to follow this  
News Feeds

Prepper Book Festival 11: Preppers Guide to Caches + Giveaway

The-Preppers-Guide-to-Caches-BDS-250x250.jpg

Do you have a survival cache? Or have you wanted to store items, currency, or ammo in a hidden locations but did not know what, how, or where?

How to go about putting together a survival cache is a frequent question both in comments and in the emails that cross my desk. Until know, I admit to responding in a rather lame manner since for me personally, the answer has been to have a geographically separate bug-out-location. On the other hand, I do know that relying a upon a well-stocked alternate location is foolhardy. It can be vandalized or too difficult or dangerous to get to when you really need it.

The-Preppers-Guide-to-Caches-BDS.jpg

The latest book in the Prepper Book Festival is The Prepper’s Guide to Caches by Joe Nobody and T. Pike. This is the book that will teach you what you need to know about burying your stuff then disguising its location so that even the most diligent sleuth can not find it. (Hint: bury your cache under a stinky, gross, pile of fresh manure).

Prolific author Joe Nobody is back for his fourth interview and has a copy of the Prepper’s Guide to Caches available in a giveaway. Honestly, I do not know of a single prepper that would not want this book!

Enjoy the interview then be sure to check in below to learn about the giveaway.

An Interview with Joe Nobody, Author of The Prepper’s Guide to Caches

Since it has been awhile since you answered this question, please tell us again what you are personally preparing for.

I prep for an extended grid-down situation, most likely followed by extensive civil unrest.

As my family goes about improving our skills and knowledge base, we think of years, perhaps decades without electricity, city water, fuel, and grocery stores. We envision a world that is a far more dangerous place at first, followed by a simpler lifestyle.

In your opinion, what is the likelihood that the event you are preparing for will really happen?

I’ve always thought that the likelihood of “the event” is low.

Our preps are like the smoke detectors in our house. That chance that our home is going to burn is very low, but if it does catch on fire, the detectors can save our lives. I sleep better at night knowing they are installed. I walk through everyday life with a healthier attitude knowing I am prepared.

Here is a related question. Of all the events that are likely to occur, which situation do you feel you are least prepared?

A nuclear winter would probably overwhelm my family. Our preps require access to outside food sources after some number of months.

What is your own personal #1 prep?

Defensive capabilities. You can have all the seeds, water purification, and medical equipment in the world, and it won’t do you a bit of good if desperate men take them from you.

If you were just getting started, what would you do differently?

We would train more on the skills we acquired. Camping, outdoor-oriented vacations, putting what we read and learn to actual use.

I would also network more with on-line forums populated with like-minded people. There you can bounce ideas, read about others’ experience with equipment, and learn a lot of things without investing time or money.

Do you have some advice or a personal message you would like to pass on to Backdoor Survival readers?

Be a prepper to be happy, not because you’re convinced the end of days will be next week. Use your preps to increase self-esteem, confidence, and family bonding, not because of paranoia. Focus your preparing energies on skills that are fun, enjoyable, and give you a sense of accomplishment.

In my experience, my own walk through life is easier because I know my family can survive practically anything, and that knowledge allows me to hold up my head and carry on when things go badly.

The Giveaway

Joe has reserved a copy of The Prepper’s Guide to Caches: How to Bury, Hide, and Stash Guns and Gearir?t=bookf11-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1939473365 for this Book Festival Giveaway.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

The deadline is 6:00 PM Pacific Tuesday with the winner notified by email and announced on the Rafflecopter in the article. Please note that the winner must claim their book within 48 hours or an alternate will be selected.

Note: This giveaway is only open residents of the United States.

The Final Word

Joe’s advice (the last interview question) simply blew me away. Being a touchy, feely type of person (if you were here you would get a hug and not a handshake), his message to all of us was remarkable in its truth as well as it’s simplicity.

The Prepper’s Guide to Caches is like that as well. It is easy to read and easy to digest. It is universal in it’s message to prepare by having a cache somewhere, anywhere really. Stashing a cache is not just for those with a plot of land. Joe and T. Pike share tips for the urban apartment dweller as well.

The bottom line? Hiding a cache of goods is not hoarding any more than having a smoke detector in your home is being paranoid. You are going to love this book!

For more information about the books in this latest book festival, visit Prepper Book Festival 11: The Best New Books to Help You Survive.

Enjoy your next adventure through common sense and thoughtful preparation!

Gaye

If you enjoyed this article, consider voting for Backdoor Survival daily at Top Prepper Websites!

In addition, SUBSCRIBE to email updates and receive a free, downloadable copy of my e-book The Emergency Food Buyer’s Guide.

Emergency-Food-Buyers-Guide-2016-02-26r-400x400.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spotlight: The Prepper’s Guide to Caches: How to Bury, Hide, and Stash Guns and Gearir?t=bookf11-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1939473365

There are a variety of circumstances where creating a cache is a wise preparation. Natural and man-made disasters abound in our headlines, many of which can completely destroy valuable preps in a matter of seconds.

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=1939473365&Format=_SL160_&ID=AsinImage&MarketPlace=US&ServiceVersion=20070822&WS=1&tag=bookf11-20

ir?t=bookf11-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1939473365

With proper techniques, equipment, and methods, practically any type of critical supplies can be safely stored in a manner that is nearly impervious to the elements. The largest single threat to any cache, however, is being discovered by other people. This guide will provide you with several methods, including disguise, diversion, and technology to defeat even the most sophisticated metal detectors, theft, or illegal seizure.

Author Joe Nobody is joined by T. Pike, USMC. During his two deployments in Afghanistan, Pike’s job with the Marines included searching for enemy caches. He found a lot of them, denying his foe important weapons, ammunition, and supplies. He also developed a unique level of expertise and experience that can now be leveraged by anyone who wishes to keep their personal assets out of harm’s way.

ir?t=bookf11-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B016C98VAIBargain Bin: For your convenience, here is a list of all of the books in the current Backdoor Survival Prepper Book Festival 11.

Non-Fiction

Fiction:

~~~~~~~~~~

Plus: The Preppers Guide to Food Storage

No list of books would be complete without my own book,

The Prepper’s Guide to Food Storage. The eBook is only 99 cent plus the print version is available for less than $6.00.

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=1500153362&Format=_SL160_&ID=AsinImage&MarketPlace=US&ServiceVersion=20070822&WS=1&tag=continmoti-20

~~~~~~~~~~

For over 25 years Emergency Essentials has been providing the highest quality preparedness products at great prices. Plus, each month they feature sales that quite honestly are fantastic.

show?id=9PGNDhpmhqI&bids=417574.10001628&type=4&subid=0show?id=9PGNDhpmhqI&bids=417574.10001483&type=4&subid=0728x90march2016.jpgshow?id=9PGNDhpmhqI&bids=417574.10001641&type=4&subid=0

~~~~~

Need something from Amazon (and who doesn’t)?

I earn a small commission from purchases made when you begin your Amazon shopping experience here. You still get great Amazon service and the price is the same, no matter what.

Amazon has a feature called Shop Amazon - Most Wished For Items. This is an easy tool for finding products that people are ‘wishing” for and in this way you know what the top products are. All you need to do is select the category from the left hand side of the screen.

Help support Backdoor Survival. Purchases earn a small commission and for that I thank you!

~~~~~

Spark-Naturals-Ad2-2016-1.jpg

The post Prepper Book Festival 11: Preppers Guide to Caches + Giveaway by Gaye Levy first appeared on Backdoor Survival.

Continue reading...