Let's just try this in it's own section.   

The old view of thousands of men training a weekend A month is gone for the most part.     The concept of a militia was your local area got together and trained.   Now it's a search to find people who live hours away to find time to meet up.   That's if you can get that.   Plenty of groups are nothing but Facebook groups with puffed numbers who only talk.

Hense this is why I view small teams as the vital role.  One it's simpler to get 10 men to work together vs trying to get 100 Facebook guys to go for a mile walk.

Two small teams like squad and lower fire team are able to train as brothers and sisters.   You will emulate the tightness for battle buddy that military life can give you.   Secondly your a smaller foot print.  Meaning you don't stand out as the dumb loud group demanding to shoot feds. 

You can also blend in better if need be and small team tactics will be great for what militias are supposed to be good at.  Disruption and destroy the enenemys will to fight.   We are not a conventional force fighting ww2 land battles In open tank country. 

I'm trying to grasp a 3 man fireteam. In the Army I trained in, it was two per fire team. Three to six fire teams to a squad. I know snipers will use three from time to time, with the third being a radio op for specialized commo or a combat cam for proof.

Any clarification you can share?

all tactics are small team tactics????in unconventional warfare you want people being annoying picking off rank...you want a hq for your loved ones and a fall back make or break location...the more the marryr bro....guns pointed and warm spots makes even the best think twice.😠...but keep doing what your doing ill come save you if shit gets 2 bad......again you should train with a few good men and biuld a friendship...so its you and a spotter in your whole militia...10 men broke to 4 teams...whos staying home with the kids being a shtf scenario would effect this....because id take in older and heavier people train them let um help prep and teach them to hold a room...with each person also comes a resource(hands are often offered)...honestly up to you....i dont trust nobody that says they got my 6 till they prove it over and over i suggest you do the same...pretty good megatron...if you run a militia please consider others to join its super american to join a militia i wish more people would...even small 10 man 3%er groups...☠️

The small teams fire teams are 4 to 5 squad is 2 teams 10 men.

I don't mind other groups but never met ones that I could consider normal enough to work with.  Some people in this field are rather sensitive or irrational to the point you don't want them owning firearms near you. 

As far who's watching my family..   well we don't plan on going far.  We are for the local area not going for a long haul to work in someone else's ao.

I think what Whiskey 6 is referring to is how do the IADs and team fire/maneuver work with a 3 an team. With a 4 man team you have 2 buddy teams that can maneuver and provide covering fire independently.

Basicly we run it as 4 to 5.  So you do have the smallest is a and b two men  teams.  At least you can provide some suppressive fire for bounding and taking cover for each team. Or go bigger with full fireteams. Nobody we have is special forces and I would point out....you rarely meet someone in the military who was a clerk or mechanic lol...  

We break it down .  If you had to hit a house or building you can provide over watch and have room clearing team.  You can collect information and spy...  You can do hit and run. 

Edited by Megatron

I think with the 3rd man teams you go to individual bounds similar to a 4 man team taking a casualty. I personally prefer the 4 man teams in a 3 team squad with one SL team. But that's just me. 3 man teams work as well. 

I think after all the big names fell apart and anybody with some semblance of SUT skills left the company of keyboard warriors the small teams formed from that. The large blob groups are too easy to target and too easy to infiltrate. I've got a copy of Light Foot Militias standards.... There's about 4 pages on rank and 1 on shooting, with about half on PT. 3% was even worse. 

The events at Sugar Pine mine and Burns definitely had impact on splitting those who took this more seriously and professionally and those who get mad when you say PT is one of the most important things you can focus on and no your Chinese optics are not good. 

Well I had the same issues with people like that.  I stated you need to be fit to fight.  The response I get is .. I am fat so I'll be a sniper and I got your six.  

No you don't got my six .  Your fat ass won't be making the hike to the location.  Two marksmanship and fitness are key.  

I am not a in the best shape but I work towards it.  I stay away from ice cream and eatting garbage as much as possible.   Try to eat clean and drink mostly water.   Which is a different issue for most people who are walking around dehydrated.   Guzzling soda all day..

You should at a min be doing cardio 3x a day with resistant training of weights or just basics push ups and core exercises. 

If you can't run a mile without getting winded your not in good fighting shape.

The ,"I'm gonna sniper cuz I'm too fat ta move", one I've heard so many times. 

I had originally made a separate team for the snipers* but after some training iterations with other small teams around the area decided to split them between the fire teams. I think it adds some flexibility for each team and if the mission dictates you need to use them in a more concentrated capacity you can pull them out. We are still playing with it though and will see how applicable it is. 

One thing I believe teams can benefit from is getting in the habit of building mission specific load outs. Most likely we will see alot of vehicle use and lower intensity engagements and filling every molle/pals spot inst necessary. Each guy can have a few options for what is required for the specific mission needs and the TLs can verify each man in his team has what's needed. 

i see the same shit around here...i no someone whos not a to good a shot hes a big fella....i suggested he use my sweet semi-auto shotgun and learn to hold a room....now hes somewhere in a 3%er group tryna learn the fundamentals of Long distance shooting while people are down range of him hell i dont think one of them people can run 1 mile without a ruck...........its funny you say that...i have 1 guy that shows up all the time when i met him he was pushing 350 lbs...hes now around 300 but he runs with me twice a week and always comes to the mandatory meet n PT......as a leader (not of a militia)you should feel obligated to help the ones that need helped weather its drugs or just  getting in shape...it can cause issues but it will build a bond its something about fighting and brotherhood that help bad habits go away........i can see it now the fattys dont silhouette like me and you they look like big rocks.lol....dont do that if they get hit god help um whos gonna pick up a 350lb fucker and run back to fob...i figure best use for someone who is wieght impaired can stay with the vehicles and do w/e or watch the familys of the men who are fighting.because in a shtf scenario i cant get in a fight till my family secure.and im sure yaw feel the same...so im trying ta say i like a small team as long as you know the patriot groups or militias in your area and can have back up.....all it takes is one time taking a bite you cant chew and you n your team are gone...as to have a small groups inside a bigger group you can live when intels wrong or ppl become faster then you.

As I said when I joined, I was a sniper in Vietnam, but I'm pushing 70 (next July).  I'm not fat and completely out of shape, but my mission in Vietnam was to take out the enemy at any range.  For the most part, I was a part of a two-man team that would spend upwards of two weeks at a time in the jungle, hunting Charlie.

But there were moments when we acted in concert with regular infantry.  My purpose, then, was to push ahead and look for likely enemy ambush positions, while my spotter would his scope to actually locate them.  Rarely did our people know we had found something until they heard me shoot.  As for the notion of a sniper team, two men is standard ... the sniper, and the spotter.  Sometimes, this team can go up to three men, with the third man acting as extra firepower (if needed), and carrying extra ammunition and supplies.

I know that this was a long time, ago, but the basics are still the same.  When I watch the movie American Sniper, I can relate completely with what Chris Kyle does.

3 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

As I said when I joined, I was a sniper in Vietnam, but I'm pushing 70 (next July).  I'm not fat and completely out of shape, but my mission in Vietnam was to take out the enemy at any range.  For the most part, I was a part of a two-man team that would spend upwards of two weeks at a time in the jungle, hunting Charlie.

But there were moments when we acted in concert with regular infantry.  My purpose, then, was to push ahead and look for likely enemy ambush positions, while my spotter would his scope to actually locate them.  Rarely did our people know we had found something until they heard me shoot.  As for the notion of a sniper team, two men is standard ... the sniper, and the spotter.  Sometimes, this team can go up to three men, with the third man acting as extra firepower (if needed), and carrying extra ammunition and supplies.

I know that this was a long time, ago, but the basics are still the same.  When I watch the movie American Sniper, I can relate completely with what Chris Kyle does.

Used the old model 70 en.  

Cool we can use your knowledge here.

I like small teams (between four and ten guys) where the members all live within the same county, or at least in an adjacent county.  Smaller groups seem easier to work with  and you can also get to know people better, than say, thirty or forty guys who are scattered all over the countryside.  It's important to know that team member because you need to be sure you can depend on him when the chips are down, and it's also simpler to rally them if they live within a reasonable distance of each other.  Max

Smaller teams seem to work smoothly.  In those larger groups, sometimes people get in each others way. Just a thought    Max

that I understand but why not aligning yourselves with as many patriots as possible...to have multiple places and people to have help in a shtf scenario would be great...I couldn't really do anything for anyone else without knowing my familys secure and in a shtf scenario I'd prefer helping others...larger groups do you mean 20-100 ppl because back-up is important especially  if you take on more then you can handle unknowingly...I know well never have the army but the more the merrier if the end goals the same. I had that stand alone mentality to at one point in life hell I still love the idea of it but reality sinks back in and I know a group effort is worth more then one man trying to help the whole nation.and a update on my fat bud he's down to 280 and working on it still.gotta give the some folks a chance.

My foul-up for not being clearer.  I'm not really focused on the numerical size of the group; what I meant to say is, the more people you have the more complicated it gets sometimes, and that can turn into a situation where you've got too many chiefs and not enough Indians.  As far as numbers, I suppose anywhere from 4-10 people on a fire team is good, and preferably, they all understand and can execute their jobs.  Very true, there is safety in numbers.   Max

Organizing around fire teams, squads, platoons, and higher are good. Tactically speaking, fire teams are the start. Two man, three man, or four doesn't matter as long as you train together and prepare to integrate into larger formations.

3 hours ago, Max said:

Smaller teams seem to work smoothly.  In those larger groups, sometimes people get in each others way. Just a thought    Max

Conventional thought is the idea of "fire teams" being (3 or 4 men depending) building blocks for larger actions (3 or 4 to a squad: 3-4 squads to platoon etc.).  If the mission is laid out clearly, they shouldn't be in each others way: each team having it's own mini-mission.   Initial contact will confuse things, but shouldn't alter the plan.  Militia may use them as "complete" units (a base and two manoeuvre elements)... so the objective should be very limited, always wanting to have more force than your opponent.