ImTexan

Lumberton ISD (TX) to arm teachers

Lumberton ISD to arm teachers with guns 

Following the Santa Fe High School shooting less than 150 miles from Lumberton, where three students were arrested in separate incidents for alleged threats this past school year, the school district has decided to join a handful of Southeast Texas schools arming teachers and staff.

https://m.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Lumberton-ISD-to-arm-teachers-with-guns-13134663.php

C1274F32-5542-4504-B1CF-EFB27682BF24.jpeg

2 hours ago, ImTexan said:

Lumberton ISD to arm teachers with guns 

Following the Santa Fe High School shooting less than 150 miles from Lumberton, where three students were arrested in separate incidents for alleged threats this past school year, the school district has decided to join a handful of Southeast Texas schools arming teachers and staff.

https://m.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Lumberton-ISD-to-arm-teachers-with-guns-13134663.php

C1274F32-5542-4504-B1CF-EFB27682BF24.jpeg

I totally agree with this as long as they are trained by professionals! I also would like to see more veterans taking up these types of positions also. They are well trained, will still need some civilian training on rules of engagement and such as they are different in the civilian world. But vets would love to be in these types of positions especially when it comes to protecting our children.

Author of the topic Posted
3 hours ago, Jake Overy said:

I totally agree with this as long as they are trained by professionals! I also would like to see more veterans taking up these types of positions also. They are well trained, will still need some civilian training on rules of engagement and such as they are different in the civilian world. But vets would love to be in these types of positions especially when it comes to protecting our children.

In Texas, to have a CHL you have to have class room instruction on the law & Pass a written test and pass a range test.  Only teachers who have or obtain a CHL would be able to equalify. 

14 hours ago, ImTexan said:

In Texas, to have a CHL you have to have class room instruction on the law & Pass a written test and pass a range test.  Only teachers who have or obtain a CHL would be able to equalify. 

Awesome!