fixer

Law Enforcements Place In the Militia

Depends on the individual.   Some are level headed and understand we are all citizens.   They respect the law and are good men and women.  Like anyone you got a few who are pretending they are dirty hairy types and I would vet them out.

Might be a issue when shtf and you don't want to arrest people so killing them is a option.  That might go against their training. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Most people need a check and can't go without it.  

Everyone's job is first priority and family as well.  

If gun grabbing started your going to have a mix of those who will enforce those who won't and those who go along with it.  Same goes for the military.   Which Is hard to say which they as majority how they would lean  

Not to say that militias as a group would do what?   The Bundy ranch stand off shows that a government doesn't want a blood bath so perhaps they will use a different approach. 

Edited by Megatron
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FTP said:

The only way any "current" law enforcement should be involved in ANY militia, is if they resign their post as law enforcement.  There's no getting around this.  They are the government, and the main one's we'd be fighting to begin with.  If you find any who would be willing to shoot and kill a co-worker when it comes down to it, then maybe they'll be an exception...but I don't see you finding many of those, if any at all.

That's one opinion for sure. Glad that's not the outlook around me. My local police have sworn an oath to protect the citizens, even from our own government if that be the case. You may be surprised to find your locals may feel the same way. Have you asked? 

I recommend talking to your local county Sheriff and ask some questions. here are some ideas https://goo.gl/forms/691BGjxd5SiklGJJ2

• Like 2

Were on the same page, If you don't pay your taxes and the IRS comes after you, you see that as tyranny. 

Let's hope that in the time of legit tyranny , the military and police will coup d'etat and not leave us hanging :)

We welcome local LEOs in our group as long as they are true constitutionalist and abide by the oaths they take to protect it.  If called out for unconstitutional acts many LEOs will not comply and they need people that will back them up in this as well as having inside information as to possible unconstitutional acts through their organizations.  They are vetted just like any other potential members.  

• Like 1

Some LEOs are Constitutionalist and I welcome their input, training and knowledge. LEOs who are antiMilitia, anti2ndA, or who are Democrats, I would not want them around. 

I say “Democrats” because the party has devolved into violent savages and so many  law enforcement units, which pledged to uphold the Constitution, have failed miserably. Look at CA and other Liberal states. 

I dont even trust the National guard from these states. 

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Like 2

Ask any of the LEO's in your group if they enforce drug laws, any gun laws at all, or any and all victimless crimes....if they answer yes to any of these, then they've already violated their oaths.  The Constitution was founded on "natural law" and "natural rights".  If there's no victim, there can be no crime.  Period.

• Like 4

Like anyone in the military or public service, LEOs must follow their orders.  As a "whole" they don't care about your situation, your political ideas, or preparedness.  If they are ordered to confiscate weapons and/or foodstuffs, that's exactly what they will do.  The only exceptions I can see, are those individual officers who are "aware" and affiliated with mutual assistance groups, militias etc.  They may be able to send a signal before any "operation" kicks off.   If a LEO wanted to join my group, I'd want to put him on "probationary" status until I could determine where he/she really stood on the issue of Constitutional rights and liberties vs. government's obligation to "keep the peace" (at what cost?).

Theoretically, the Militia rolls are maintained by the county.  Therefore, your "local authority:" would be your Sheriff... but he may not necessarily be on board with personal liberties, and could very well be leading the charge of curtailing your rights and liberties.

Edited by John Last
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John Last said:

Like anyone in the military or public service, LEOs must follow their orders.  As a "whole" they don't care about your situation, your political ideas, or preparedness.  If they are ordered to confiscate weapons and/or foodstuffs, that's exactly what they will do

I don't agree theres a duty to disobey unlawful orders...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ripcannon said:

I don't agree theres a duty to disobey unlawful orders...

I agree with you 100%.  Having said that, how many do you think will actually disobey a direct order by their "commanding officer"?  Don't forget that prior to starting the operation, they will have been told that it's the "safety and security of the community" that requires this drastic action...   I'm sure you must have seen the videos of the old woman being assaulted as she handed over her revolver to the police in New Orleans after Katrina, or the video of the armored vehicles and storm troop Police going house to house in Watertown, MA.  There may be one or two who refuse, but most will obey: it's what they're trained to do.  We were talking once long ago about MPs specifically, but the consensus was that they wanted people smart enough to follow their orders, but not smart enough to question them.

Now, given all that, plus the fact that militias everywhere have been branded as racist, anti-government hate groups: what do you think the chances are that 95% of LEOs will not follow their orders?  I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I don't think so.

Let me also add that this is in reference to the first few days/week of "engagement".  Once word spreads that the populace in general is resisiting, I think there will be many more who see the light.  Initially however, I think they will do as ordered.

Edited by John Last
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, FTP said:

So, anybody can ask the court to remove your guns, for whatever reason: thus depriving you of your 2nd Amendment, God-given rights... and shoot you if you don't comply.  Land of the free indeed.  No due process or day in court - just done.  So much for the Constitution.

Edited by John Last
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

I am totally against red flag laws.  They are unconstitutional and I hope the new supreme court will throw these laws out as such.  >:( There is a thread about red flag laws on here.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John Last said:

how many do you think will actually disobey a direct order by their "commanding officer"?  Don't forget that prior to starting the operation, they will have been told that it's the "safety and security of the community" that requires this drastic action

I hear you there...I know a sailor who disobeyed shooting some poor boat that got to close to the ship...he got his ass chewed and shortly moved on....you make a valid point I wish I could say "that's nonsense"...just to clear things up public safety means nothing to me over liberty and freedom...PSM are state militia as do a few other groups up here got LEOS heck,, we no are county sheriff and and id say a quarter of the officers I hope militias make it a game plan on knowing there local LEOS and I don't see anyone dumb enough to send the military to confiscate guns...i'll tell you what how many of them 17-18 yr old guys who sign up for the military actually know the Bill Of Rights or the Constitution...id guess slim to none...Red flag laws are bogus especially when you live a stones throw away from Maryland.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ripcannon said:

I hear you there...I know a sailor who disobeyed shooting some poor boat that got to close to the ship...he got his ass chewed and shortly moved on....you make a valid point I wish I could say "that's nonsense"...just to clear things up public safety means nothing to me over liberty and freedom...PSM are state militia as do a few other groups up here got LEOS heck,, we no are county sheriff and and id say a quarter of the officers I hope militias make it a game plan on knowing there local LEOS and I don't see anyone dumb enough to send the military to confiscate guns...i'll tell you what how many of them 17-18 yr old guys who sign up for the military actually know the Bill Of Rights or the Constitution...id guess slim to none...Red flag laws are bogus especially when you live a stones throw away from Maryland.  

I'd say you're exactly correct about today's young recruits not knowing anything much about our form of government.  They simply don't teach it in public schools anymore. 

Regarding getting to know your local Sheriff, that's a good idea, for a couple reasons.  First, he's the only ELECTED law enforcement officer in our system.  Add to that the theoretical militia rosters are supposedly maintained by the county; the Sheriff would be the logical keeper of those records.  If part of the militia's mission is to assist their communities in times of emergency, the Sheriff would be the best place to get your "marching orders" as he's responsible for the entire county.  If I had a militia unit, I'd try my best to partner with the Sheriff whenever possible, so he would be sympathetic to our situation should anything unconstitutional transpire from higher up.  A few years ago the Feds tried to stop a local farmer from consuming (and selling?) raw milk.  Our Sheriff stepped in to protect that farmer's right to drink what he liked.   However, before trying to affiliate with the Sheriff, I'd find out where he stood on the limitations of federal power/abuses of our Constitutional rights. 

• Like 3

I live in one of the most pro gun states in the Nation...Georgia...and even local Sheriff Deputies here told me they'd enforce Red Flag laws.  Their excuse?  "Well what do you expect me to do?  Lose my job?"  Yes you idiots!  That's exactly what I expect...in fact, I expect you to arrest anyone giving you those orders!  Cops don't belong in the militia.  Period.  They are the enforcers of ALL political will on the citizenry.  ALL of it.  There would be VERY few exceptions to this.  They enforce ALL laws, constitutional or not, on everyone.  The Constitution was based on Natural Rights, and Natural law.  Any laws that go against that (which is almost all of them), ALL cops enforce.

• Like 3

No, LEO's don't "have to" follow orders, if those orders are repugnant to the Constitution and morality.  Otherwise, why take an oath to the Constitution at all if that's the case?  You take that oath so if you're given orders repugnant to it, you DON'T follow those orders.  Unfortunately, almost every cop today never questions their orders, and follows them anyway.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FTP said:

No, LEO's don't "have to" follow orders, if those orders are repugnant to the Constitution and morality.  Otherwise, why take an oath to the Constitution at all if that's the case?  You take that oath so if you're given orders repugnant to it, you DON'T follow those orders.  Unfortunately, almost every cop today never questions their orders, and follows them anyway.

You are correct, they don't HAVE TO follow orders... they can be locked up.  That's why 97% of them WILL follow the orders they've been given.  It's wrong, but it's legal, and like it or not, that's the way it is.  I would recommend getting all the gun owners on the block, together for an "organizational meeting" to discuss what-if.  Maybe all get together and challenge that law in court (violates due process especially in this age of false accusations).  Wonder what would happen if the police came to confiscate the guns from one guy, and caught fire from a half dozen different directions?

Edited by John Last
  • Like 1

I agree most will, but not all and those that won't are welcome.

Chief of Police Refuses To Enforce Unconstitutional Gun Control Law

Sheriffs Refuse to Enforce Laws on Gun Control

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/16/us/sheriffs-refuse-to-enforce-laws-on-gun-control.html

Eastern Kentucky sheriff says he will not enforce gun laws he considers unconstitutional

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article44397108.html

• Like 2

Do you view cops as a standing army???restrictions on a standing army in the US Constitution are that Congress can only fund one for two years at a stretch (Article I, section 8)... and cannot compel the quartering of troops on private property (Third Amendment)....

It's well worth noting that the provisions of Article I,,,Section 8,,, do not place the same restrictions on Congress's provision for a Navy as it does for provision for an Army. The two-year funding restriction only applies to land forces!!! ....How do you feel about border patrol...I'd like to note this is a ongoing convo im having with my group right know and im not totally sold against cops in a constitutional militia considering are stance as neutral and real LEOS stance as peace officers...I don't think its fair to lump um all in as one because im telling you now there's cops who are also constitutionalists...idk my thoughts

• Like 1