Megatron

What kind of people are you when you wish to remove the 14th amendment.

The 14th amendment was legally passed in the United states.   Remember the south decided to leave the union.

My question is what kinda of fake Christian's are going to tell non whites they don't matter and are no longer citizens.  

Well they are not following christ and I by far doubt they are Christians for real.  Just some fill in the survey box types.

Posted (edited)

If they are arguing because they think the Citizenship Clause would be eliminated, they are missing the fact that the 14th is merely declaratory and affirmative of existing law, i.e. the 1866 Civil Rights Act.

Osborn v. United States Bank, 9 Wheat. 738, 827. Congress having no power to abridge the rights conferred by the Constitution upon those who have become naturalized citizens by virtue of acts of Congress, a fortiori no act or omission of Congress, as to providing for the naturalization of parents or children of a particular race, can affect citizenship acquired as a birthright, by virtue of the Constitution itself, without any aid of legislation. The Fourteenth Amendment, while it leaves the power where it was before, in Congress, to regulate naturalization, has conferred no authority upon Congress to restrict the effect of birth, declared by the Constitution to constitute a sufficient and complete right to citizenship.

No one doubts that the Amendment, as soon as it was promulgated, applied to persons of African descent born in the United States, wherever the birthplace of their parents might have been, and yet, for two years afterwards, there was no statute authorizing persons of that race to be naturalized. If the omission or the refusal of Congress to permit certain [p704] classes of persons to be made citizens by naturalization could be allowed the effect of correspondingly restricting the classes of persons who should become citizens.by birth, it would be in the power of Congress, at any time, by striking negroes out of the naturalization laws, and limiting those laws, as they were formerly limited, to white persons only, to defeat the main purpose of the Constitutional Amendment.

So according to the Wong Kim Ark decision, Congress need only limit the law via a bill passed and signed by the President.

Congress recognizes this since even the Democrats, Harry Reid, pushed a bill in 1993 to do just that.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/aug/25/harry-reid/reid-bashes-republicans-position-immigration-he-on/

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/harry-reid-birthright-citizenship/

Edited by WMD
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

There is also the 1953 theory that the 14th was illegally ratified, to which I would ask; why did it take 85 years for some attorney to try to make that argument?

In 1953, after the first round of arguments in Brown v. Board and the other school desegregation cases, the Supreme Court ordered counsel to answer certain queries regarding various events connected with the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment. The Court was specifically interested in the intent of the framers respecting segregation, but a Tulane law professor, Walter J. Suthon, Jr., responded by publishing an article questioning the “dubious origin” of the amendment. In it, he traced the origins of Article V, the amending clause of the Constitution, put together a brief history of the proposal of the amendment and its forced ratification in the South, and concluded that the intent of the framers was irrelevant, for the whole proceeding, start to finish, was unconstitutional.

In 1958, after the decision in Brown v. Board and amidst massive southern resistance to desegregation, a Houston lawyer named Pinckney G. McElwee published an article in the South Carolina Law Quarterly that reached the same conclusion. McElwee’s study was more thorough than Suthon’s had been, and he quoted from and cited more contemporary documents, but his piece was marred by a certain shrillness of tone.

Two years later, the Georgia Bar Journal published “a statement issued by the State Sovereignty Commission of Louisiana” entitled “Unconstitutional Creation of the Fourteenth Amendment.” The statement rehearsed the facts, garbling several of them along the way, called for the Supreme Court to declare the amendment illegal, and concluded that the amendment was mistitled and should be designated “Military Edict No. 1.” Baylor Law Review produced a shorter-and more accurate and more moderate-version of the argument in 1961, and the Alabama Lawyer reprinted that article in 1963.

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/review/was-the-fourteenth-amendment-constitutionally-adopted/

Then you have the Sovereign Citizen idiots that claim (or those that claim to be Pre-Amble Citizens - as if they are somehow different then Sovereign Citizens)

Many "sovereign citizens" claim that they have renounced their US citizenship. However, this is incredibly unlikely because under the relevant section of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1481(a)), there are seven ways that one can officially renounce their US citizenship as long as they were "voluntarily performing any of the following acts with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality".

Which would make them stataeless and the idea that one can renounce one's citizenship in order to evade the laws of the land is unknown in all countries and U.S. courts have uniformly found this argument frivolous.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen

Edited by WMD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WMD said:

Sovereign Citizen idiots that claim (or those that claim to be Pre-Amble Citizens

yes sir screw them guys...

21 minutes ago, WMD said:

Which would make them stataeless and the idea that one can renounce one's citizenship in order to evade the laws of the land is unknown in all countries and U.S. courts have uniformly found this argument frivolous.

i've never heard this...people dont believe this really?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ripcannon said:

yes sir screw them guys...

i've never heard this...people dont believe this really?

It's not about "screw them guys" it's just their interpretation of law and out of context quotes contributes to their idiocy and shows just how ignorant to both history and law they really are.

Yes, Soveriegn/Pre-Amble Citizens don't grasp the fact that they can't renounce their recognized citizenship unless they move out of country and renounce their US Citizenship altogether. Claiming that law does not apply to them or that they can renounce their SS number and so-called contracts with the govt relieves them of any legal bindings to the US govt, is even more hilarious.

Edited by WMD
  • Thanks 1

megatron you didnt even read the links...again im not advocating for anything...im just looking at what it is...i dont scream racist when i see other country's doing shit because its not...i understand you've been programmed to...i guess i could be ignorant to law but my opinion the 14th wasnt legally ratified thats all i can say...i kinda wanna talk to wmd about this because he seems educated on this issue.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Megatron said:

It's no a matter of opinion but facts vs emotions that come from racism and bigotry 

hahahaha i have no emotion and i love my mixed kids...wtf bro...i lived in the hood before and i guaranty i can bust a freestyle better then anyone you know...i aint a racist never have been or will be but i have no emotion i use plain logic maybe im wrong maybe im right???ill tell you i still try to understand the best i can. 

Edited by Ripcannon

4 minutes ago, Ripcannon said:

megatron you didnt even read the links...again im not advocating for anything...im just looking at what it is...i dont scream racist when i see other country's doing shit because its not...i understand you've been programmed to...i guess i could be ignorant to law but my opinion the 14th wasnt legally ratified thats all i can say...i kinda wanna talk to wmd about this because he seems educated on this issue.

A history involving math work.  When you leave the union and you get the number needed it passed.  Had the south not been like a little child over losing the election they could of voted it out.

Unreal you have mixed race kids and still support a guy who blames mix races marriage on destroying this country.   Then goes around and tells people what a great Christian he is.