Jump to content
ImTexan

'Silent Sam' is down: Protesters topple Confederate statue on UNC campus

Recommended Posts

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — Protesters on Monday night toppled the controversial "Silent Sam" statue on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

 

More than 300 protesters first gathered at the Peace and Justice Plaza at about 7 p.m., before marching to the base of the statue, calling for its removal. By 9:30 p.m., the statue was on the ground and the crowd was cheering.

 

"Silent Sam" had been standing on the UNC campus since 1913.

 

Gov. Roy Cooper issued a statement Monday night, saying that he "understands that many people are frustrated by the pace of change and he shares their frustration, but violent destruction of public property has no place in our communities."

 

 

https://www.wral.com/-silent-sam-is-down-protesters-topple-confederate-statue-on-unc-campus/17783175/

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Straight out of Orwell. Erase the past to control the future. It appears Mintruth is already established and operative.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Straight out of Orwell. Erase the past to control the future. It appears Mintruth is already established and operative.

They don't need to.. nobody knows the history anyways 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ImTexan said:

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — Protesters on Monday night toppled the controversial "Silent Sam" statue on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

 

More than 300 protesters first gathered at the Peace and Justice Plaza at about 7 p.m., before marching to the base of the statue, calling for its removal. By 9:30 p.m., the statue was on the ground and the crowd was cheering.

 

"Silent Sam" had been standing on the UNC campus since 1913.

 

Gov. Roy Cooper issued a statement Monday night, saying that he "understands that many people are frustrated by the pace of change and he shares their frustration, but violent destruction of public property has no place in our communities."

 

 

https://www.wral.com/-silent-sam-is-down-protesters-topple-confederate-statue-on-unc-campus/17783175/

 

Those symbols of the Confederacy stand in tribute to a republic with unpopular opinions carried by a minority of its people. Too bad those protesters cannot understand the history that they destroy represented the voices of a minority defiant to a majority.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally cried from anger reading this. What is happening is more than taking down a statue of a person I never knew about but because it is evidence of the Socialist, the Nazism, the fascism swelling up in our REPUBLIC! 

 

It is seeing America being squeezed by the boa constrictor of Communism and struggling to get free.

 

What good is the 2nd Amendment if we can’t use it for the defense of the Republic? (Rhetorical ... I know we can’t shoot people but my God! Can we save our  country🇺🇸😢)

 

 

D1E19FD1-6EDC-4D7C-BC96-8A87BCDD5A5F.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ImTexan said:

Gov. Roy Cooper issued a statement Monday night, saying that he "understands that many people are frustrated by the pace of change and he shares their frustration, but violent destruction of public property has no place in our communities."

 

I really hate to see responses worded like this. The "pace of change" is what bugs me the most...if this "change" is communism, then they aren't going to like what they get in the end nor the process right before that would occur. I wonder how many of these protesters were paid for their acts?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the incident on the news and like most of the folks here, became angry and wished bad will on all involved.  Then I notice most of the fools involved are kids.  I use the term kids for anyone under 30.  

 

Once again, the silent majority sits back, yells at the TV, post on Facebook and checks their firearms.  It takes a village to raise a child and these kids have only been raised by one side of the village.  At what point, does the other half stand up, and help raise the children.  Kids only know, what they know, and if they only hear one side, then who's fault is it??

 

I look forward to hearing your thougjts.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the history of that statue isn't good.  Wasn't a great man but then again what would you do.   Can't shoot them or fight them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Megatron said:

Well the history of that statue isn't good.  Wasn't a great man but then again what would you do.   Can't shoot them or fight them.

Nope can't fight them without losing everything.  I was thinking more about the next generation of kids growing up now.   Will this generation be raised by Liberals and ANTIFA like organizations? Or will the other side finally stand up and give kids another choice ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, outdoorsup said:

Nope can't fight them without losing everything.  I was thinking more about the next generation of kids growing up now.   Will this generation be raised by Liberals and ANTIFA like organizations? Or will the other side finally stand up and give kids another choice ?

That's upon you to teach them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Who Viewed the Topic

    10 members have viewed this topic:
    BuryTheHatchet outdoorsup ImTexan Let_Freedom_Ring Megatron Ripcannon nina9mm e.c.c. Skillet fixer
×

Important Information

Your Privacy Is Important To Us Learn More: Privacy Policy