Posted (edited)

A legend in his own mind. LMAO

He couldn't even commit suicide correctly, shot himself and survived.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/1998/patriot-leader-bo-gritz-shoots-himself-under-troubling-circumstances

This is a man who has trained thousands of antigovernment zealots to prepare for Armageddon, a propagandist who exhorts his followers in thinly disguised terms to stand up to the Jewish-led "New World Order." He is the seemingly invincible Special Forces commando who survived six years of combat in Vietnam, a bear of a man who breaks bricks with his bare hands.

How about his Christian Identity associations?

During the 1991 Persian Gulf War, Gritz was an outspoken opponent of the war, and linked it to a conspiracy theory alleging plans to implement a one-world government, known as the "New World Order." He appeared on Pacifica Radio stations in California as a guest several times, and for a short time was in demand as a speaker to left-wing and anti-war audiences. However, during this period he also became closely associated with the Christian Patriot movement on the right, and spoke at conferences sponsored by Christian Identity pastor Pete Peters. When these associations became known to those on the left, especially after the publication of a report by the Los Angeles-based group People Against Racist Terror calling Gritz a "front man for fascism",[15] left-wing audiences lost interest in Gritz, and the Christic Institute and Pacifica Radio cut off any further association. He has since distanced himself from the movement.

How about his links to Dan Gayman.

An investigative newspaper report about the Church of Israel was published in the Joplin Globe in January 2001.[3] The report was mostly negative and suggested that the church had ties to the Christian Identity movement. The Anti-Defamation League includes the Church of Israel in its list of "extremist groups."[4] The ADL report states that members of the church are said to have been involved at times with controversial figures such as Bo Gritz, Eric Rudolph, and Thomas Robb, a national leader of the Ku Klux Klan.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Israel

Edited by WMD

Posted (edited)

Let's throw Lt Col Mohr in as well.

Gordon Dwight Mohr also known as Jack Mohr (January 1, 1916July 17, 2003) was born in Chicago, Illinois and grew up on a farm in Michigan. He enlisted in the US Army during World War II and later served in the Korean War where he was held as a prisoner of war. During his military career he rose from private first class to company commander. In 1964 he retired as Lieutenant Colonel.

For a period of time he was member of the John Birch Society. He headed the Citizen’s Emergency Defense System which was the militia of the Christian Patriots Defense League which he co-founded with John Robert Harrell.[1] The Citizen’s Emergency Defense System was based in Mohr’s home town of Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.

Mohr was a promoter of Christian Identity religion and a believed in the Protocols.

https://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Gordon_“Jack”_Mohr

Edited by WMD

While I'm a fan of critical reasoning and researching the credibility of authors, I caution both of you from crossing the line of being critical of Gritz and Mohr and outright attacking them. While we disagree with their stances, we can still respect their service and leave their less savory aspects to speak for themselves.

1 minute ago, Whiskey6 said:

While I'm a fan of critical reasoning and researching the credibility of authors, I caution both of you from crossing the line of being critical of Gritz and Mohr and outright attacking them. While we disagree with their stances, we can still respect their service and leave their less savory aspects to speak for themselves.

Not attacking their military service at all, simply showed their connections to Christian Identity and racist views.

As to Gritz, he tended to embellish his exploits more than anything else. His ego was bigger than reality shows.

Oh, I know. Gritz has lost several of his awards, and most of his remaining are dubious. This is still a topic that is heading towards an outright attack, which we should avoid.

9 minutes ago, Whiskey6 said:

If they stole valor then why shouldn't it be known.  

If he was a hard charger sf in nam.  He should have plentiful of good true stories and not need to lie. 

Just now, SPECTRE 6 said:

Are those ,"Crash Course", DVDs I've seen at the gun show his? 

You mean the SPIKE series? Where he states this:

When 9*1*1 is busy, don't worry! With SPIKE you will know exactly what to do! Through a series of video training seminars and manuals, you will receive the equivalent of 3 1/2 years of intense mobile training. With thousands of SPIKE students throughout the nation, Bo Gritz, America's Most Decorated Green Beret Commander brings his Special Forces training to your home on video cassette.

http://bogritz.org/training.htm

No actual field training, no hands on, just watching videos and attending seminars. SMFH

5 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Well after all movies watched and a few scan tron tests you get a t shirt. 

And a coin too

• Haha 1

Just now, Megatron said:

You trust repelling from a DVD.....

Head first down the face of a cliff no less.

Mountaineering and Pioneering are the highlights of SPIKE Phase 6 instruction. Have you ever rappelled down a 100' cliff face first?! Three Army Rangers and a Navy SEAL teach you combat assault rappel, along with traditional methods.

Honestly it just seems like he got scammed just as much as he scammed others.  Maybe he had a decent idea but his life is a mess.

• Thanks 1

spike is all dvd...i assumed from the site it was a private training course i never heard of....my theory of a good program is alot and sweat and blood(if your not getting scratched or banged up you aint trying hard enough) and a comment like “All right. They’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us… they can’t get away this time.” i kinda looked at spike as example to teach but i do my own thing...i apparently didnt look that hard

8 minutes ago, Megatron said:

You trust repelling from a DVD.....

hahaha really...its all good in theory...till they real life it...thats pretty funny

Just now, Ripcannon said:

spike is all dvd...i assumed from the site it was a private training course i never heard of....my theory of a good program is alot and sweat and blood(if your not getting scratched or banged up you aint trying hard enough) and a comment like “All right. They’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us… they can’t get away this time.” i kinda looked at spike as example to teach but i do my own thing...i apparently didnt look that hard

Someone claimed it was a actual hands on class and took 4 years.  You where better them grunts in the military after it. 

Never seen a video and don't feel like dropping 200 to get a copy.

I stayed a holiday in once and now became proficient in a prophet radio program 

• Haha 1

All jokes aside why cant these type be happy with what they did.   Why make it up unless you had been riding a desk or didn't actually see combat 

I personally hate the bs that comes from these fake types.

Wanna see a real hero read about tim Kennedy. 

• Like 1

I got to meet Tim Kennedy as he passed through Baghdad. Didn't know who he was, just some SF type vacating my parking space.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Someone claimed it was a actual hands on class and took 4 years.  You where better them grunts in the military after it. 

Never seen a video and don't feel like dropping 200 to get a copy.

I stayed a holiday in once and now became proficient in a prophet radio program 

i never saidi took the class bro????i simply tried calming the convo down....in fact you assume to much when it comes down to my view points....i can respect people i dont agree with...i guess i kinda mislead you and wmd for a little for a laugh...but to much back to business as usual...

Edited by Ripcannon

He's not referring you. He's referring to the person who he's not supposed to talk about/to.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ripcannon said:

i never saidi took the class bro????i simply tried calming the convo down....in fact you assume to much when it comes down to my view points....i can respect people i dont agree with...i guess i kinda mislead you and wmd for a little for a laugh...but to much back to business as usual

Nobody said you took the class, nobody inferred you took the class.

Megatron said that somebody claimed it was equivalent to 4 years military training and that they were equivalent or better than grunts after watching the videos.