I looked around but I haven't seen much discussion of the possibility of using e-learning (as in, actual courses rather than just text posts.) I think e-learning has the potential to improve the delivery of material that currently is "locked" in lengthy field manuals and other resources. Many sources have compiled hundreds of PDFs, and yet it takes a lot of work to go through them, discern what is valuable, then take that information and package it into a way that you can continue to learn from it.

Here are a few resources I think might be useful:

DisasterReady

Contains hundreds of courses in on safety and security, disaster management, administration, and other topics. Most courses come with a certificate of completion. Some courses of note:

• Basic Security in the Field (BSITF) - a UN-developed course required for all employees before deployment
  • Emergency Preparedness: Red Cross - a 30 minute overview of how to build an emergency kit and write an emergency plan
  • Essential Skills for New Managers - focusing more on generic leadership training

Headstart2

Free language courses, including alphabet/writing. Designed to teach 750 words and the grammar required to get a learner to A1 on the CEFR scale. Can be taken online or downloaded a ZIP file and used offline. Uses cookies to store login/progress so no information is stored on remote computers. Languages include (but are not limited to):

• Arabic
  • Dari
  • French
  • Hindi
  • Korean
  • Pashto
  • Farsi
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Ukranian

Antiterrorism Level 1

This is the DoD course providing to increase your knowledge of how to apply basic personal protective measures against terrorism and understand terrorism better. Comes with a certificate of completion.

FEMA Emergency Management Institute (EMI)

The FEMA EMI provides disaster management, emergency management, leadership, and planning courses. If you want your organization to participate in formal disaster planning exercises you often need to have taken FEMA ICS-100 among others.

Edit: I should also mention, anyone else have any courses they find useful/interesting?

Edited by Throne