Ripcannon

the pursuit of happyness

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" if this is a god givin right and is protected  by are constitution or the declaration of independence why would we block the migrants and not help them more so by maybe fast tracking the vetting process...id really like to get some thoughts being all the animosity im seeing in my state towards any Spanish speaking person...i understand protecting are country's sovereignty...BUTT considering the pursuit of happyness is a god givin right and thats what the economical immigrants are setting out to try and achieve shouldnt we want to help instead i see name calling and side choosing...i know you wont fall for the whole immigrants are good for are economy speel but id wish you to read this https://www.thebalance.com/how-immigration-impacts-the-economy-4125413....all i know is help its the american/christian thing to do...in my mind due to terrorism and drug related f"ers were loosing are way we cant allow security to F are foreign bro's and sisters right?freedom doesnt mean absolute safety.

remember we stood in line to chuck rotton produce at the Irish and Italians...for the same reason were doing it to the southern border crossers...as i said before i dont know were to put my feet on this subject its a sovereignty vs god givin right thing for me...we need not oppress anyone ever..i hope to hear some thoughts    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_South_America

Edited by Ripcannon

We have immigration through a legal and controlled process.  If someone wants to immigrate here they are welcome to go through the process just as my wife did and her mother.  A sovereign nation has a right to protect it's borders and the integrity of it's society and laws.  As a nation or as a people we are not responsible for every other poor soul in the world, no other nation takes such a responsibility on themselves.  Believe me they wouldn't be for us if the shoe was on the other foot, and most every other sovereign nation has stricter and more strictly enforced immigration laws than the United States does.  I'm all for charity born of personal initiative which I take part in but not at gun point.   It is also a health and safety matter.  There are also several debilitating and deadly diseases that are endemic to South America that are not normally found here in high incidents that legal immigrants are checked for before being allowed to legally immigrate here, Tuberculosis among several of them.   Illegal aliens never go through this screening process and can be carriers of such diseases that can be spread here.

https://www.fairus.org/sites/default/files/2017-09/Fiscal-Burden-of-Illegal-Immigration-2017.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

im with you its logical to vett before letting everyone in...but were not a company in my opinion i just feel were moving towards less and less freedom and in a good amount of cases it seems like were going against are own "American values"...remember life liberty and pursuit of happyness is for everyone not just Americans...to be honest i can see both points and agree i really have been trying to plant my feet firmly one way or another it really is a case by case judgement and i wish we had a better vetting process it would make me 100% agree with you...i hope we dont operate on the shoe on the other foot scenarios because we would never help nobody....for all that i say i want to point out im all about America first as trump stated hell ive always been a nationalist...im gonna chalk this up to above my pay-grade  

Edited by Ripcannon
  • Like 1

Yes, and they are very welcome to pursue happiness in their own country.  Happiness is not something guaranteed, only the freedom to pursue it.   

"We have the right as individuals to give away as much of our own money as we please in charity; but as members of Congress we have no right to appropriate a dollar of the public money".

Davy Crockett

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2018 at 7:25 AM, Ripcannon said:

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" if this is a god givin right and is protected  by are constitution or the declaration of independence why would we block the migrants and not help them more so by maybe fast tracking the vetting process...id really like to get some thoughts being all the animosity im seeing in my state towards any Spanish speaking person...i understand protecting are country's sovereignty...BUTT considering the pursuit of happyness is a god givin right and thats what the economical immigrants are setting out to try and achieve shouldnt we want to help instead i see name calling and side choosing...i know you wont fall for the whole immigrants are good for are economy speel but id wish you to read this https://www.thebalance.com/how-immigration-impacts-the-economy-4125413....all i know is help its the american/christian thing to do...in my mind due to terrorism and drug related f"ers were loosing are way we cant allow security to F are foreign bro's and sisters right?freedom doesnt mean absolute safety.

remember we stood in line to chuck rotton produce at the Irish and Italians...for the same reason were doing it to the southern border crossers...as i said before i dont know were to put my feet on this subject its a sovereignty vs god givin right thing for me...we need not oppress anyone ever..i hope to hear some thoughts    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_South_America

Great topic, brother. I was just thinking about the Declaration of Independence the other day in this manner as well. We definitely don't want to lock up our borders permanently, but must investigate the backgrounds of all those trying to gain entry to this country.

As a minor side note, vetting these people can be tough. I had a good conversation several years ago with a two coworkers that were a Cuban and a Guatemalan immigrant. They stated that many of the Central American immigrants have changed their names in order to evade "hit squads" here in America. Apparently just because they are able to leave their country does not mean they escape the political ramifications of their stances against the cartel and mafias found down there. I had not given this much thought until they told me that assassins come across the border into this country tracking them. This was also a reason given by them that they maintain their privacy and don't talk much to regular folks here unless they trust them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1