I have lived out in the dessert mountains for eight years before I got married and now have a child, to complicate things I am now a single father in the most uncertain and dangerous time. The terrifying question "Is my child going to be ready?" haunts me every day.

I spend as much time in the wilderness with her to teach her as much as she is capable of understanding and she has learned a lot for her age. I have been told many times how wrong it was to expose my child to such barbaric and obsolete life skills but I don't think they consider the fact that we may not have such commodities and freedom for much longer.

Hunting, gathering, shelter, bushcraft and self defense. I feel it is upmost importance to teach our children these necessary skills because how much longer will they be able to buy food or clothing from a store, draw water from the tap or protect themselves when our defense rights are taken?

So I ask you fellow patriots: "Are your children ready?"

Let's talk about this.

Edited by KillBird
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I get side eye looks sometimes when I take my kids shooting(public ranges and events),,,ive dealt with school councilors for eat'n home raised chickens(my daughter told her class that she gutted and killed her food)...idk simple skills are important to teach your kids...and just because its not socially acceptable to do something doesn't make it wrong or illegal my kids aren't ready but they got a good start that's all we can give um.  

• Like 1

You mean chicken isn't grown as nuggets?!!!  9_9  My Dad started teaching me to shoot and hunt when I was 7 with a Sears bolt action .22 LR made by Savage, I still have it plus my Dad's first shotgun a savage .410 break action single shot he got as a birthday gift when he turned 10.  I made  a home made gun rack and kind of took over responsibility of my Dad's .22 LR at age 12.  I taught all of my kids as soon as they showed interest which was about the same age except for my daughter.  I couldn't convince her to get out on the range until she was 18 but she can handle a gun now.  If I were the type to own several guns, I'd probably have a rifle and pistol for each of them.  😉😉😉

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

All 4 of my kids are safety conscious and proficient with every platform we have.

One of my 14 year old twins out shoots me regularly.

Good marksmanship and good morals are rewarded around here.

• Like 3
  • 'Merica 1