KillBird

The power of woman and the diversity in militias

My grandmother raised me with the saying "A woman's touch can burn but a woman's touch might be what we need" truer said from a woman who's life is a testimony to those words. I could remember the stories of her experience in life as well as knowing her rough edges that made me respect this woman. My question to you: What is your position on women in your militia and if you have them what are the qualities and benefits of having them serve with you? Love to hear from you.

In the ICVM, women are welcome in any role they want and are capable of, combat or support.  We do some FTXs with all family participating including children at camp as that may happen.  Most women prefer support roles but most of them also train in combat tactics.  To paraphrase Patton, you're a soldier first and cook second.  All are capable of handling firearms, a few hold leadership positions. 

Don't determine through gender. Simply put, make the standard applicable to anyone who can hold it. If its a woman, fine, if its a man, fine.

I've seen this come up a lot across the militia movement. Men are stronger/faster/tougher than women. Yet, look at the men who make up militia teams. The vast majority are not the models of stronger/faster/tougher that put women to shame. There are militia members who've not seen their own dicks in the past decade proclaiming their superiority over women. That is ludicrous. 

If you want a cohesive and viable team that can do missions, focus on what those missions are. Establish tasks and standards to accomplish those missions. Then assess anyone who wishes to attempt to attain it. If an individual can do the mission, let them, regardless of anything not impacting the mission.

for sure I agree with you...I don't use my personal opinion on this topic...I wouldn't let a person who couldn't see there dick run nd gun with me though I know what you mean...I wasn't trying to put anyone to shame or claim man better than women just sharing my view....and all the women I'm around like there role because it is an important one...like I said the  older man stay back as well as support because I think reserve is important

...I guess in my case no female said to me "I'd like to be n assaulter" if that be the case I'd be great with that the roles seemed to just fall in place maybe partly due to a gender bias idk....never really invested much thought in this

My only reservation with women serving in combat capacity is perhaps rooted in some old fashioned sense of chivalry.  I wouldn't want any of the women in my life to be exposed to the horrors of combat.  It's one thing if there is no other option.  Sometimes a person has to pull the trigger in defense of self and family.  And there is a process that a person has to go through following that in order to cope with the events that transpired.  This happens to women just as it does to men in our nation.  They have to do what they have to do in those circumstances.  Such things change a persons life forever.  Taking a life, even in defense of ones own life, is never an easy thing - nor should it be.  As a man, I believe it is my duty to be the one to bear that burden for the sake of those I love and care about most.  It's not that I don't believe a woman can handle it... it's that I value women enough to say they shouldn't have to.  It's saying that this person who can bear and nurture life is more valuable than my own.  Let them sleep well at night, let them have peace.  I'll take the Hell in their place.

Or maybe I'm just part of the patriarchy and feel like mansplaining today.  

3 hours ago, RevRifleman said:

My only reservation with women serving in combat capacity is perhaps rooted in some old fashioned sense of chivalry.  I wouldn't want any of the women in my life to be exposed to the horrors of combat.  It's one thing if there is no other option.  Sometimes a person has to pull the trigger in defense of self and family.  And there is a process that a person has to go through following that in order to cope with the events that transpired.  This happens to women just as it does to men in our nation.  They have to do what they have to do in those circumstances.  Such things change a persons life forever.  Taking a life, even in defense of ones own life, is never an easy thing - nor should it be.  As a man, I believe it is my duty to be the one to bear that burden for the sake of those I love and care about most.  It's not that I don't believe a woman can handle it... it's that I value women enough to say they shouldn't have to.  It's saying that this person who can bear and nurture life is more valuable than my own.  Let them sleep well at night, let them have peace.  I'll take the Hell in their place.

Or maybe I'm just part of the patriarchy and feel like mansplaining today.  

Love it brother. Thanks for the post.