Sign in to follow this  
Tactical-Life

WATCH: Police Helo Tracks Carjacking Suspect Before Hysterical Tasing

Volusia County sheriff’s deputies stopped a carjacking in progress recently in Florida, with an officer deploying a Taser to successfully end the chase. Moreover, several units, including the Volusia County helicopter, Air One, coordinated the chase of the suspect, according to a report by the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

Dash and body cam footage shows the wild ending, as Air One keeps a visual over the suspect while positioning law enforcement units on the ground. During the chase, authorities twice deploy stop strips on the road, however the suspect continues to flee.

Taser Stops Carjacking

The situation came to a head when the suspect, later identified as Anthony Gunther, pulls off the road and attempts to carjack yet another vehicle. There, while the presumed vehicle owner attempts to stop the man, the first responding officer finally catches up with Gunther, successfully deploying his Taser.

The “shocking” turn of events certainly seemed to get Gunther’s attention.

“All right, all right, all right, all right,” Gunther screams once the officer lets off the juice. “I give up, I give up, I give up, I give up, I give up. Repeating the theme, Gunther moans “I give up: at least five times before finally making the plea: “Please don’t beat me up.”

Gunther continues to whine to the arresting officers, upping the ante “I’m sorry, I just got a crazy drug habit.”

“Hey, shut up, I don’t want to hear about your freakin’ drug habit,” an officer sharply responds.

Responding officers clearly communicated well and handled the scene at a high level. As such, the arrest ended what allegedly had been a wild spree of carjacking by Gunther. The suspect allegedly stole his first car earlier in the afternoon, a red SUV. Then Gunther allegedly upgraded to a Jaguar. It was then that Air One spotted the racing Jag, and the chase was on, according to the report.

Fittingly, while officers continued to handcuff and process Gunther, Billy Idol’s “Rebel Yell” blared from the abandoned Jaguar. Thank you, Mister Gunther, you win the internet today.

Authorities reported no injuries as a result of the successful apprehension of Gunther.

The post WATCH: Police Helo Tracks Carjacking Suspect Before Hysterical Tasing appeared first on Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun News and Gun Reviews.

View the full article