Hi, I'm seeking advice regarding a 40-acre plot of land (tract ID 15622) in the WIHA (walk-in hunt area) program. The enrollment of the WIHA has caused our community and their families mental anguish and stress regarding loss of property use and future plans. 

My parents spent years saving, skipping vacations and working overtime so that they could own their own farm land. Now my father is close to retirement and they would like to supplement their income by having bee boxes; because of the WIHA not only has the property value dropped because of the walk-in hunt, my parents also fear being in their own backyard because of the possibility of stray bullets. 

During the time since the WIHA has been enrolled, my family has encountered dangerous hunting practices, reckless discharge of weapons and violations of gun restrictions. In one incident a man discharged his shotgun three times without an intended target before entering his truck and leaving because he though a neighbor was disrupting him; though the neighbor was simply going about their normal routine. 

Goose decoys have also been set up less than 100 yards from our home in a position where the hunters were shooting directly towards our home while we were outside. This isn't even the extent of the incidents we've encountered. 

The enrollment of the WIHA property is doing much more harm than good, and enrolling anything under the 80-contiguous acre rule without consideration of the safety of the community is unjustified, seeing as there are other properties with adequate acreage that would not interfere with the lives of others. 

My family and myself have attempted numerous times to reach out to local government officials, as well as the property owner; none of these efforts have been successful. We're exhausted and are feeling hopeless about this situation. I'm completely unsure of the next best course of action. - In order to afford a lawyer my parents would have to use all of their savings or use my fathers retirement; which is something we want to avoid. I know that this group is understanding of governmental agencies ignoring what's right, so I figured that someone might have advice.

Thank-you!

-SK

We've talked with them numerous times and we've gotten nowhere. They've been nothing but rude and they just give us the run around. 

10 hours ago, skala said:

Hi, I'm seeking advice regarding a 40-acre plot of land (tract ID 15622) in the WIHA (walk-in hunt area) program. The enrollment of the WIHA has caused our community and their families mental anguish and stress regarding loss of property use and future plans. 

My parents spent years saving, skipping vacations and working overtime so that they could own their own farm land. Now my father is close to retirement and they would like to supplement their income by having bee boxes; because of the WIHA not only has the property value dropped because of the walk-in hunt, my parents also fear being in their own backyard because of the possibility of stray bullets. 

During the time since the WIHA has been enrolled, my family has encountered dangerous hunting practices, reckless discharge of weapons and violations of gun restrictions. In one incident a man discharged his shotgun three times without an intended target before entering his truck and leaving because he though a neighbor was disrupting him; though the neighbor was simply going about their normal routine. 

Goose decoys have also been set up less than 100 yards from our home in a position where the hunters were shooting directly towards our home while we were outside. This isn't even the extent of the incidents we've encountered. 

The enrollment of the WIHA property is doing much more harm than good, and enrolling anything under the 80-contiguous acre rule without consideration of the safety of the community is unjustified, seeing as there are other properties with adequate acreage that would not interfere with the lives of others. 

My family and myself have attempted numerous times to reach out to local government officials, as well as the property owner; none of these efforts have been successful. We're exhausted and are feeling hopeless about this situation. I'm completely unsure of the next best course of action. - In order to afford a lawyer my parents would have to use all of their savings or use my fathers retirement; which is something we want to avoid. I know that this group is understanding of governmental agencies ignoring what's right, so I figured that someone might have advice.

Thank-you!

-SK

Just to clarify on the issue - we have already talked to Wildlife and Parks multiple times, as well as local and state government; none of which have been willing to hear us or help us.