fixer

Members Map - How To Network With Locals

I agree!  I posted the address of an intersection of two roads that is a few miles away from me on the member map.  It gives folks a good general idea of where I am at but not an exact location for any antis or other kooks to track me down and bother me in any way.  OPSEC Operations Security  😉

Users are prompted to add their location to the map when they join , this was added last year.

In the past we had the map automatically place user pins based on geoip triangulation but this got some negative feedback with privacy concerns.

We have also had a link to the users location under their avatar on posts , but with 60% of the sites users on mobile platforms these features are hidden so it became ineffective.

We are constantly tracking how the site is being used, what content people are engaging into what information is bringing in new people and based on user feedback making changes accordingly.

Tho its not a perfect representation of the site... you can still get an idea of the changes the site has made by looking at older versions CLICK HERE

On 2/22/2019 at 8:13 AM, Dav Harzin said:

would like to see more members post on maps. it would help more people for contact...

In other words ' get to know your nieghbors '.   and somehow just post the town

not exact address...opsec.

Realy people get your ass on the map think of how many friends we could meet and grow the militia commuity.

If a new guy on the fence sees theres locals, I know there more likely to join and be active.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

My Militia site is designed to facilitate an ever growing network of american patriots, those of us engaged in activities contrary to prevailing opinion understand the risks that come with conversing on popular social media platforms. We oversee a significant share of public thought relating to militias to thousands of individuals everyday, This is a lot of responsibility... to remain the most trusted platform where militia ideas and information are exchanged, We proudly proclaim as the de facto authority in everything relating to militias, arbitrating a worldwide exchange of information as well as overseeing the security of the individuals and units who entrust their ideas, work, and private data to our platform. That this mandates a certain responsibility and assurance of good faith, transparency, and due process. As a voluntary user of and contributor to My Militia, such responsibilities will never be betrayed or reneged upon to the detriment of yourself or our community. Common decency demands that we remain vigilant as a trusted force among our people, and for these reasons we will never stand alone and hereby decree that for as long as we stand, so will our site, and if we shall fall, the last of us will purge it from existence.

Militia Chat

Militia Chat

Please enter your display name

Important Information

Your Privacy Is Important To Us Learn More: Privacy Policy