Let_Freedom_Ring

Trump's State of the Union address wasn't about politics, it was about doing what's right for the country

The State of the Union was a very good address.  Many issues normally overlooked by the media, were discussed by Trump.  Overall, President Trump seemed to focus on practices that are beneficial to the country and its citizens, instead of 'king of the hill' politics.  That's good.  Who, in their right mind, can argue against things that are helpful to the nation and the people in it.  After all, it's my understanding that the presidents job involves doing what is good for America... protecting it and the people who live here.  I only hope and pray that the elected leaders in this country have enough common sense and courage to pursue what was talked about, and to do the right things for the right reasons.  Just a thought.

It is absolutely amazing what the Democrats are allowed to get away with.   I guess a large portion of folks are so apathetic, they never bother to check anything out, or maybe they're just too lazy to do research on a subject.  Either way, uninformed/misinformed voters cause a lot of the political nonsense that is going on today, and they do this by voting people into office, who have no business being there.

Our policy on immigration should be looked at seriously and overhauled.  Something that is not talked about  is,  Presidents Hoover, Truman, and Eisenhower, and their reactions to illegal immigration.  Hoover deported scores of illegal aliens in order to provide jobs for citizens who needed them, and this was during The Great Depression; President Truman deported many illegal aliens to open up jobs for millions of returning WW II vets; President Eisenhower deported millions of illegal aliens ,starting in 1954 and continuing into a couple of years, and he did this so jobs would be available to soldiers who were coming home from the Korean War-that was designated 'Operation Wetback'.

Times have really changed.  Politician and legislators seem to be more concerned with winning votes and popularity, than using common sense and doing what is right, which could possibly be the unpopular thing to do and end up costing them votes-ha.  Allowing anyone to remain in office for decades, is counter productive, in my opinion.  The longer he or she stays there, seems to increase the liklihood that they will compromise their ideals and priorities.  Sometimes security breeds complacency; sometimes, the more comfortable a person becomes in their position, the less likely they will be to leave that comfort zone.  What can I say-people understand that much.  Term limits may not be a bad idea-after all, the POTUS has got 'em, so why not the Judges, Senators, and Representatives.  Be sure to pay your taxes on time, guys because millions of illegal aliens are depending on it. 

Crime and drugs are another issue., Some of those things definitely gets across the southern border, and they do cause  plenty of grief and expense for the tax-paying citizen.