Rev.E.

Stolen Valor and Felon

This is why we ask for a DD214 when someone claims to be a vet when they want to join. Same reason we run a background check on everyone too. I just had to explain to someone reluctant to share theirs with me. I explained that we do not want any stolen valor linked to our group for several reasons. He has yet to respond, and not really sure that he will.

Author of the topic Posted

Here is the downside. he has a DD214 from 2009. He is preaching he is something he is not to gain recognition. I have talked with this guy. He tried to join our group. Once I found out this info he was gone.

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?attachment_id=79027 DD214

On 4/30/2019 at 6:19 PM, Rkak25 said:

We usually ask for a DD 214 but every member has the right to ask to see a members 214 if they believe there is stolen valor or wearing indentifiers they didnt earn. 

I disagree with that. Only leadership should have the right.  It is private information.  I was going to join the vet honor guard and showed the leader my DD-214 and then passed it on to others without my person.  Pissed me off, never came back.

When I entered my group, I voluntarily gave them copies of my DD214, awards, weapons qualifications and promotions without them even asking for them, but I redacted all personal information from them that could identify who I am first.