Rev.E.

Battle Rattle Additions

Those are a bit pricey. Granted they are also only used in specific situations. As for the smoke as a cover, I have used "shutter bombs" in the past (I don't know if posting a link is allowed, or a good idea, but duck duck go Shutter Bombs and you will find them). Lots of smoke, most last about 1 min to 1 1/2 min. The smoke is not super thick (it is designed as a photography prop after all) but thick enough to help with the exit, and it does dissipate fairly quickly (so using it as a signal might not work well over any real distance). However for training they seem to work quite well.

You can make your own smoke grenades.   I cant remember off hand the chemical combo but it works.

Firing off that in a crowd is a dick move and will cause panic that leads to death. 

Not sure what a flash bang would be needed for but a cheaper option might be fireworks 

Well to be honest, I was thinking that both the flash bangs and the smoke would be used in ether in a training environment or if the militia had been activated and was working within their legal limits.

7 minutes ago, Mac563 said:

Well to be honest, I was thinking that both the flash bangs and the smoke would be used in ether in a training environment or if the militia had been activated and was working within their legal limits.

Activated by what? 

Use fireworks and enjoy that cheaper side

yeah , we / I used fireworks for training, randomly toss a pack of blackcats just behind someone trying to lay accurate fire.

remotely fire bottle rockets to fire up range wile putting fire down range, imaginations are no limits.