fixer

Having To Buy School Supplies? How Is This Fair?

c700x420.jpg.f8bc5a0ec72b4a0f4c8401e605784c40.jpg

Having to buy school supplies when you pay for levies and taxes, is like being required to bring some black top with you when you are going to use the highway... it's like a soldier having to bring his own personal gun to the battle...it's like letting the local mail man borrow your car to deliver the mail... it's like the state comes and gets your mower to mow the grass at the courthouse...it's like having to bring your own water to the city poll... it's like having to pay for the electric for street lights in front of your house...

I'm all for education, but i'm also for if you don't work you don't eat, requiring the working middle class to supply the bottom non-working "welfare is a family value" types is pure bullshit, maybe they should use their $8,000 tax returns to take care of their 5 kids so I don't have to. 

I pay taxes they don't then on top of it i have to buy their kids school supplies while they spend all their money on drugs and alcohol and neglect their children. Not that you would worry about it anyway but don't get all excited....

I'll send my kid to school prepared so he can pay for your kids for the next 60 years too

One thing they do here in our school system is "require" us to buy a bunch of supplies that get thrown into the "community supply bins" at the schools.  What really happens is half the parents that buy everything on the list actually are buying for the other half that don't send any supplies in with their kids.  I'm sure my kids have never even used a fourth of the stuff "we had to buy" for them as school supplies.

If any of you are looking for a great homeschool option where your kids can get accredited high school diplomas for your state, I highly recommend Connections Academy.  My oldest did his high school through it and my middle child did her middle and high school through it.   They have a truly free and excellent home program option.  You can also get internet usage and a loaner computer for at home through them if you don't already have internet and home PC.

https://www.connectionsacademy.com/homeschool

image.thumb.png.761f776f1458eab2d3afd40263018c87.png