Let_Freedom_Ring

Federal Judge Decides 10 Rounds Is Enough For Self Defense

Well, 10 rounds is enough if you have 40 armed security officers around you at all times.  And this assumes that the only purposes for firearms is that of hunting and home defense.  The 2A clearly is not talking about just hunting and home defense.  So, this judge is a dolt.  

This judge has likely never handled a firearm let alone undergone any stress training.  10 rounds might be enough. Heck, 1 might be enough.  The problem is when it isn't enough.  I take that gamble with a pump shotgun for home defense.  I know how many shots I have to work with... it isn't 30.  

I spent my time in Vietnam as a sniper.  I haven't owned a 22-cal long rifle semiauto since I bought one for my Dad, years ago.  I have it now, since he's gone.  I've been putting together a rifle for just this purpose, over the last couple of years.  It's a 90 year old Mosin Nagant, to which I've added a ProMag Archangel stock, and a Timney trigger (with a 1.5 pound trigger pull).  I just bought an AR-15 sling for it, today, along with a bipod.  Next comes a "turn-down" bolt handle, along with a rail for a somewhat (!) expensive rifle scope.  If it's still allowed in Illinois after the State Legislature is done, I'm going to take it a gunsmith and have 5.5 inches taken off the muzzle, have it recrowned, and add a recoil suppressor.  I use Winchester-Western ammo.

Based upon performance, to date, on the range, I'm getting better 100-yard groupings than fellows using modern rifles with scopes.  I'm of the opinion that ... once it is completed ... I'll be able to take out a target at ranges up to 2000 yards.  Camouflage is important, since the rifle holds 10-round removable magazines.  Don't want the enemy to get too close!

If they do get too close, my tactical vest carries a S&W .40-cal.

Rev. Rifleman, I couldn't agree with you more about this idiot judge.  When does he change his mind and decide that 5 rounds ... or 1 round ... is enough?

5 hours ago, Headhunter said:

I spent my time in Vietnam as a sniper.  I haven't owned a 22-cal long rifle semiauto since I bought one for my Dad, years ago.  I have it now, since he's gone.  I've been putting together a rifle for just this purpose, over the last couple of years.  It's a 90 year old Mosin Nagant, to which I've added a ProMag Archangel stock, and a Timney trigger (with a 1.5 pound trigger pull).  I just bought an AR-15 sling for it, today, along with a bipod.  Next comes a "turn-down" bolt handle, along with a rail for a somewhat (!) expensive rifle scope.  If it's still allowed in Illinois after the State Legislature is done, I'm going to take it a gunsmith and have 5.5 inches taken off the muzzle, have it recrowned, and add a recoil suppressor.  I use Winchester-Western ammo.

Based upon performance, to date, on the range, I'm getting better 100-yard groupings than fellows using modern rifles with scopes.  I'm of the opinion that ... once it is completed ... I'll be able to take out a target at ranges up to 2000 yards.  Camouflage is important, since the rifle holds 10-round removable magazines.  Don't want the enemy to get too close!

If they do get too close, my tactical vest carries a S&W .40-cal.

Rev. Rifleman, I couldn't agree with you more about this idiot judge.  When does he change his mind and decide that 5 rounds ... or 1 round ... is enough?

Thanks for your service.

The Mosin's have a bit of a cult following these days - which has 'sadly' bumped the price up on them.  Every militia and patriot group will be in need of varied skill sets and load-outs.  Your set-up will hopefully serve you and other like minded patriots well (if and when that day comes).  Just make sure you have the food to feed it.  Using non Nato ammo for your primary does create potential limitations unless adequate pre-planning is done to make sure that you can stay in the fight.  

As far as camo goes... I assume you're surrounded by corn and soybeans if you're in the free part of IL, ha.  

10 hours ago, RevRifleman said:

Thanks for your service.

The Mosin's have a bit of a cult following these days - which has 'sadly' bumped the price up on them.  Every militia and patriot group will be in need of varied skill sets and load-outs.  Your set-up will hopefully serve you and other like minded patriots well (if and when that day comes).  Just make sure you have the food to feed it.  Using non Nato ammo for your primary does create potential limitations unless adequate pre-planning is done to make sure that you can stay in the fight.  

As far as camo goes... I assume you're surrounded by corn and soybeans if you're in the free part of IL, ha.  

Thanks for your kind words.

I bought my Mosin before Obama banned its importation.  It cost me $75.  I buy a box  (or two) of Winchester-Westerns every month.  The "original" ammo is supposed to be non-corrosive, but the primer is corrosive.  Besides, I get better groups with the American rounds (and how can you go wrong with Winchester?!).  As far as camo goes, I wear standard US camoflage, topped by a ghillie suit (i have several of them, designed  for several different types of local terrain).

Based upon the bore, I'd be willing to bet that the rifle had the standard 5-round test firings, and was never fired again.  The bore is perfect, and the Ishie company, in Russia, believes it was part of a group that was sent to the Kremlin, for guard duties.  If so, it wasn't fired again until I put my hands on it.

Banning their importation was the ONLY good thing that Obama ever did for me! ...