Let_Freedom_Ring

Mitch McConnell: Assault Weapons Ban Is On The Table

I don't have assault weapons I have defensive weapons...B.S come and take um big brother you won't find a thing were your gonna look...I ain't following any more gun laws I guess cops and judges are gonna have fun arresting good people...to bad the ones passing the laws aren't the ones enforcing them...

I find it hard to believe assault weapons will be banned.    Conceal carry where training is required seems to be a success story.    Maybe licensing assault weapon has possibilities similar to conceal carry.   In some way there needs to be a way to separate responsible gun owners from those who are not.   I know the thought is objectionable but we may need to compromise.     I think the "Red Flag" law is sort of like closing the barn door after the horse got out.    I also think people need to be at least 21 to buy certain guns.

Any thoughts??

11 hours ago, themachinist said:

I find it hard to believe assault weapons will be banned.    Conceal carry where training is required seems to be a success story.    Maybe licensing assault weapon has possibilities similar to conceal carry.   In some way there needs to be a way to separate responsible gun owners from those who are not.   I know the thought is objectionable but we may need to compromise.     I think the "Red Flag" law is sort of like closing the barn door after the horse got out.    I also think people need to be at least 21 to buy certain guns.

Any thoughts??

I disagree...how many 18 yr old girls are a little more safe because of a old shotgun...y can you join the military and risk your neck for others and come home and you can't have your tool...no more compromise at all if anything we need are right to bear arms back...however I do agree red flaglaws are bogus...the whole 21 to buy a gun is b.s...just another way to tighten restriction...when I was 16 I started saving for a ar how many responsible criminals do you know that can save 1,500$ or more now days...gun communities gotta stick together on this the 2 amendment isn't something needing revised every time a trigger is pulled with ill will...before long we'll have regulated knife laws...that's my pro-America pro-constitution prospective on it...I don't agree with security over freedom and never will.

12 hours ago, themachinist said:

Any thoughts??

the training and license will cost money..which is RARE for me am I to forgo driving a car for a year to save  etc, to do these licensing ? ....NO    21  I was almost 17 when I got my own place am I not allowed to protect myself and property.  YES I am , My mom agreed to 'sign' to get my first firearm in my name when I was 17....A year before, one of her wacky boy friends broke in the house at 2am ..I held him at gunpoint with my 22cal,  until I woke everybody up, she was proud of that, and glad I was there.

17 hours ago, themachinist said:

Any thoughts??

True assault rifles, aka select fire rifles that can fire fully automatic or semi-automatic, are already regulated and I don't believe those should be either.  What they are wanting to ban are no different functionally than any other semi-automatic rifle or pistol on the market today.  If they are allowed to ban firearms because of cosmetic reasons then it isn't a large step to doing so to all other semi-automatic rifles and pistols because they function exactly the same way.  The founding fathers were a lot smarter than most people in their day and age as well as today.  They knew exactly what they meant by "shall not be infringed".  A citizen in their eyes should be able to be armed with any weapons that an individual soldier could carry and operate.  Also for those that don't realize it, the AR in AR-15 stands for Armalite the original manufacturer of this type of rifle, it does not stand for assault rifle.  

As long as communists are in the government and control any wing of the political process... the 2A will always be on the table.  Hopefully the political right holds firm and doesn't budge on the issue.  But, I think we might find that backbones in D.C. are pretty flimsy these days.  

I believe I read somewhere that the Mayor of San Jose is planning to implement measures that would require gun owners to have insurance on their firearms.  Also implement specific taxes on the purchase of firearms and ammo.  

Also read that Repubs in Texas are expecting the state to head even more blue due to demographics by 2020 - immigration both legal and illegal are part of that problem, along with lefties fleeing Cali which is why suburban white women are becoming a big part of that demographic shift problem.  Sadly they bring the same loser policies with them that they fled in the first place.  If Texas falls... fill in the blank.

Don't believe everything you hear.   He exaggerates several points.   First, the 2nd amendment is not going away easily.   That will require a 2/3 majority vote in congress and a 2/3 majority in a public vote.   Not likely to happen.   Illinois already has a red flag law, if someone files a false complaint they are charged with  filing a false complaint.   In Illinois a judge has to sign the order to take your guns and if the accusation turns out to be false your guns are returned in 2 weeks.   The red flag law in Illinois turned out much weaker from inception  to the final passing vote.    Can this be abused or twisted around, I suppose but so can anything else.   However, if the constitution is ever changed, it will probably be the beginning of the end.

4 hours ago, themachinist said:

Don't believe everything you hear.   He exaggerates several points.   First, the 2nd amendment is not going away easily.   That will require a 2/3 majority vote in congress and a 2/3 majority in a public vote.   Not likely to happen.   Illinois already has a red flag law, if someone files a false complaint they are charged with  filing a false complaint.   In Illinois a judge has to sign the order to take your guns and if the accusation turns out to be false your guns are returned in 2 weeks.   The red flag law in Illinois turned out much weaker from inception  to the final passing vote.    Can this be abused or twisted around, I suppose but so can anything else.   However, if the constitution is ever changed, it will probably be the beginning of the end.

They don't have to repeal the 2nd amendment, all they have to do is successfully redefine it as being "the national guard" or "outdated and no longer needed" to the majority of the people, or simply ignore it by passing unconstitutional laws, letting them stand, allowing them to be enforced so it is de facto repealed.  It has already been weakened severely and getting closer to that point with each new gun law enacted.  This tactic is being applied to all of the amendments until the bill of rights and constitution mean nothing to the majority of people.   Every red flag law passed violates several of our rights and amendments not just the 2nd.  There are already laws on the books for legal gun confiscation of at risk and truly mentally incompetent people using due process.  Red flag laws are just a back door unconstitutional gun confiscation to circumvent due process.  Our natural God given rights are all in the process of being turned into privileges  which before long only the privileged few will be allowed to have.