LetFreedomRing

They are coming for your body armor now!

Schumer sure has a lot of opinions about things that won't make a danged bit of difference.  Then again, his body guards are well equipped and protected.  That's all he really cares about.  

Best of luck to him getting steel and truck bed liner banned.  

Author of the topic Posted

It's funny, armor is 100 percent defensive and doesn't hurt anyone else, just decreases the chances of the wearer from getting hurt.  Yet they don't want anyone to be able to protect themselves at all, just be total victims completely dependent on and at the beck and call of the elite ruling class.....

To be fair... we won't need body armor once they ban all the guns.  I can't imagine any scenario where someone would illegally obtain a firearm and use it to harm/murder a defenseless citizen.  

The argument for banning body armor for ordinary citizens is that criminals use it, and this makes the work of the police more difficult.

This argument is not wrong -- it would make life easier for the police if no one owned a gun or a knife or body armor -- but by the same argument, no one should

be able to lock the door of their house, as this makes it more difficult for the police to raid the houses of criminals.

Everything in life is a trade-off.  We trade off some freedoms to get some security.  (You are forced to pay taxes to support the military.)  A free people will err on

the side of more liberty, vs more security, if they have to err at all.

Author of the topic Posted

I just ordered my first plate carrier and armor about a week ago.  I'm worried it may get lost in a tragic boating accident on a very deep lake though.  ?

Part of this has to be how many patriots possess body armor and how as it is not a firearm it is not covered by 2A. if they are going after 2A which is illegal, why wouldnt they go after things not constitutionally protected.