I’m sorry but that is a terrible instruction video for a basic flanking maneuver. If anyone has watched it please forget everything you learned from it

9 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I’m sorry but that is a terrible instruction video for a basic flanking maneuver. If anyone has watched it please forget everything you learned from it

Its text book flanking.   If you can do better than show it.

The original video is hilarious!!  Fire teams are 4 men not 6 (you can run 3 man teams, but then it's using 2 teams, not one: different tactics).  Any good ambush will have at least two sides of fire...and they'll be as mobile as you are.  On the other hand, those are pretty neat toy soldiers.

If you're working with government troops, they'll tell you what to do.  Personally, I think militia would be well served by learning "unconventional warfare tactics" since they won't have the advantage of numbers or support, if they're working on their own.

1 hour ago, Claw Hammer said:

Hey man it’s nothing personal but just look at this guys explanation, he is taking an element that is in direct contact with enemy small arms fire and is going to have them stand up (assuming that the guys are in a prone position) and maneuver in full view of the enemy? What they should be doing is splitting that initial single friendly force into two separate units. On a patrol they should be a good distance apart (depending on terrain) that way the lead element if caught in a fire fight can lay down a base of fire like the guy said in the video but don’t bring that second force up on line keep them back so they can move undetected without being in direct contact so they can actually move up and create an assault line and coordinate with their support by fire for lift and shift fires for assaulting through. But then again that all depends on how close the initial contact is, I can get into it more later if you want but whatevs.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Claw Hammer said:

For simplicity and brevity:

1.  If your strength is 4-6 men, you got no business doing offensive ops.

2.  If you're the lead element in a larger force, take cover, stay put and return fire... let the following units do the flanking while you keep the enemy's head down.

3.  You're going to take casualties.

Edited by John Last

The first commend in an ambush is 1.spread out.2 get down 3.find cover\ concealment...and return fire the whole time...but tactics afterwards can be argued...but when I get the shitty end of a stick I'd back up regroup and move back with force that being a option...talking like this can get so knit-picky...I sorta dig the video A for effort most people wouldn't because of criticism I'd suggest reading more on this and maybe go hit a airsoft course you'd be surprised. 

1 minute ago, John Last said:

For simplicity and brevity:

1.  If your strength is 4-6 men, you got no business doing offensive ops.

2.  If you're the lead element in a larger force, take cover, stay put and return fire... let the following units do the flanking while you keep the enemy's head down.

Exactly

The point is giving people a basic understanding of it.  No your not going have more than 6 to 8 people because that's typically all you get to show up.

This Isn't a 11b instructions course but scaled to fit what 99 percent of group sizes have. 

Anyways go ahead make one on video and publish it.  

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Claw Hammer said:

The point is giving people a basic understanding of it.  No your not going have more than 6 to 8 people because that's typically all you get to show up.

This Isn't a 11b instructions course but scaled to fit what 99 percent of group sizes have. 

Anyways go ahead make one on video and publish it.  

Going to war isn't some kind of game.  Like I said in my first post:  4-6-8 people (keeps growing, but still not even a full squad) should not be doing offensive operations.  If 99% of groups are that small they should re-think their tactics and not try to be like the US Army, that your video is based on.  The basic theory is to overwhelm your opponent.  You don't necessarily need to have the numbers, but you'd better damn well have the firepower (6-8 semi-auto rifles won't do it).

Edited by John Last

7 minutes ago, Claw Hammer said:

You're a real blast at parties I would assume. 

Anyways thanks for the input 

Well, you know...back in the day.  See, the Army gets to call in mortars, airstrikes etc. on the bad guys; and there's always a "rescue party" on the way.  Militia doesn't have any of that, so the best thing to do is avoid the fight unless you can be the guys laying the ambush and then run like hell out the back door.  A whole different mindset.  You're a good sport.

I guess trying to show people how the enemy thinks Is also part of it.  But you and I have had the formal training. The majority dont and dont have a visual when you and I talk about it.

I appreciate the input and yeah it's a pain trying to find the time to record it and get the gear for it.  So it's all good I'll have more up.  Check the rest of the channel out we do prepper and news