Let_Freedom_Ring

Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP) Dyed Green Camouflage Effectiveness

Looks great.  Clearly effective for a heavily wooded environment.

I know a lot of folks hate on UCP.  The problem is they tried to call it Universal.  If the background is brown or green... it won't do you any favors.  Not to say you might get lucky and be mistaken for a random rock in the woods.  That being said:  It's not too bad as an urban pattern in the concrete jungle.  I find a lot of the urban camo patterns on the market to be too dark - heavily black in color which has significant draw backs on a lot of levels aside from not really blending in much with anything in the city.  Heck, even city streets aren't black unless freshly paved.  That this pattern can be found relatively cheap and in abundance may just be a blessing in disguise considering how many 'problematic' centers in this nation tend to fit the description of concrete jungles.  That it can be dyed in this manner certainly expands its usefulness.  

1 hour ago, Bear7 said:

WHY DIDNY THE ARMY DO THE DYE!!! Save tax payer money.. 

Awesome this worked so well. Thanks.

The Gov't did try UCP-Delta which added brown into the pattern.  Guess it didn't perform as well as the current Scorpion pattern they have adopted. 

29 minutes ago, RevRifleman said:

The Gov't did try UCP-Delta which added brown into the pattern.  Guess it didn't perform as well as the current Scorpion pattern they have adopted. 

Brown, Was more like tan.. i just read about it. The Scorpion camo did better at a distance. 

I wonder what Airforce Tiger stripe would be like in this Greenish Dye? Different pattern 

I found the formula for OD Green on the Rit website.  It comes out darker than the Apple Green.  Its ok but you get varying results.  When I get a chance I want to try the Apple Green and compare them.

Each color recipe below is formulated for 1 pound (dry weight) white or near white, 100% cotton fabric using 3 gallons (or the low-level water setting on your washing machine) hot water. Combine the colors as listed in the recipe (pre-dissolve Rit powder dye in 2 cups hot water, stirring until dissolved, or shake Rit liquid dye well), stir into the dye bath, then follow the dyeing instructions as listed on the package. Reminder: It’s a good idea to test the color on a scrap of fabric before dyeing the entire piece.

Powder                    Liquid

1 pkg Dark Green 1/2 cup Dark Green

1 tbsp Dark Brown 1/4 cup Dark Brown

I will upload some pdf files from Rit so you can see the different colors.

ColorRit_FINAL.pdf FormulaSolutions_Final.pdf Rit_FavoriteColors_2000_FINAL.pdf

The UCP stuff that has been dyed, is great for the woods in this part of the state.  Also, the old digital MARPAT fatigues and the South East Asian Tiger Stripe pattern works well in East and North Texas.