Mentalities - Poll 1  

65 members have voted

1. 1. You walk into a room to find a jerk cussing out your best friend… and your friend didn’t do anything wrong! They both leave the room through separate doors. Who is the FIRST person you follow?

• My Friend
    • The Jerk

1st: I need to know WTF is up if anything. (I sometimes say FU to a good friend. My way of saying hi.)

2nd: Dude may have set an ambush in advance, if this turns out to be an issue with history.

3rd: Never lose sight of a friend unless it is part of a plan.

4th: You need information or you're just a walking problem. Maybe even in the way of your buddy's plan.

5th: You need to know if buddy is the dumb ass here. (Friends do stupid shit that they need you to tune up)

6th: You don't have any INTEL. Go get some.

7th: By using common sense, even if there is an issue to deal with, you may be able to solve it with a beer. ( My personal favorite, for problem solving amongst friend and foe alike.)

1 hour ago, fixer said:

going to the friend could be seen as avoiding confrontation?

Going into a confrontation without knowing as many facts about the situation could lead to an even worse situation.  Maybe the friend was at fault and the true jerk, or maybe it's something best to be avoided.  Maybe the "jerk" is a cop and you will end up getting arrested for being confrontational with them.

“who wishes to fight must first count the cost”
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

16 minutes ago, Let_Freedom_Ring said:

Going into a confrontation without knowing as many facts about the situation could lead to an even worse situation.  Maybe the friend was at fault and the true jerk, or maybe it's something best to be avoided.  Maybe the "jerk" is a cop and you will end up getting arrested for being confrontational with them.

“who wishes to fight must first count the cost”
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
 Sun Tzu, The Art of War

what if it was your wife?

tbh how i would answer this depends on my environment and who the jerk was

like if we was at work and the jerk was an employee i would 100% follow the jerk

There were so many people in this store that the possibility of a "miss" ... with all that adrenaline flowing ... was very high.  I give him credit for not actually firing his weapon.  Always, always, always ... situational awareness.