Mentalities - Poll 2  

64 members have voted

1. 1. If given the option... Would you rather Continue with your life as is or restart it anew?

• Continue My Life
    • Restart My Life

I put down to restart it. Not that I'm not happy or healthy. 

A lot of things i would do differently for better or worst. Chalk it up as if i knew then what i know now.

Being alive has to beat being dead in most cases, if gifted another 39 years it would be hard to say no

Everything in my life has brought me to this moment...it has made me as ready as I can be for what is in front of us...if this challenge be thrown at my feet...I still have the youth to pick it up and yet the wisdom to follow it through. 

We can only hope to use what we have be given to strive to give examples to our youth of what manhood should be.

Edited by Harrold2

The only way I would start over would be to start over with what I know now. Starting over would just be the opportunity to make new mistakes. 

I chose to restart.. At leaste to the day i moved to Virginia to gain custody of my son. When I found out I had to pay 13 pages of driving tickets wich eventually lead to another man using my social security number. And all the bullshit an hurdles I've had to conquer with no help from the law or state. I'm stop there and just say ide hunt that mfkr down an eliminate the threat before it could consume the next 8 years and thousands of dollars.. That way we could have had a better quality of life..

I would choose to continue my life even with the mistakes that I've made.  I've learned from my past and have goals set for my future,  taking things one day at a time.

I have voted to go on. I have been blessed not only by the tribulations I have gone through, but as a result of them have learned, been helped, been able to help others and have been rewarded in many ways. At some of the times we may wonder why, but the Good Lord knew us all even before we were born, knows what is going to happen in our lives and lets us decide what we are going to do with those lives. God bless all. 

18 hours ago, cwilson said:

The only way I would start over would be to start over with what I know now. Starting over would just be the opportunity to make new mistakes. 

That would be improbable... The question is 'to start over'.... This implies no awareness of what you've been, done, nor the knowledge accumulated up until the point of starting over.   Even though I'm 69 years of age, I've done what and how I want.  Having this knowledge and experience... I'd hang in there, prepared to do what's right inspite of any encouragement to the contrary.   Would I have done somethings different?  Hell yeh, but now I simply deal with it. 

Not every person can point to that defining moment in their life where if they would have made the opposite choice, their entire life would be changed. 
I can. Age 9. My brother & I lived with our loving and precious grandparents. My father got married again. I was asked:

Do you want to go live with your father or stay here? I said “Go”. 
I didn’t know I was choosing HELL! 

So absolutely I would like to got back and start over! 

Well life is so grand , and with all the things I have done , I would like to do it over again . Just like my favorite ride at the fair . There is just one life to live and I love all my travels , my companions, and my patriot brothers at arms .

Sometimes I feel like I’d like a do over. I’ve screwed up like everyone else has. I’ve been able to do many things right as a result of the the mess ups. Keep pushing ahead to the end.

It's interesting to me that so many people focus on their life mistakes when considering a restart. I've certainly done some things I regret, but that's just part of the human condition. Sure, there's always thing's I'd want to not do or even not see, but that's stuff from lands far away and long ago. And, who's to say the new me wouldn't do worse things?

Time, that's the thing I'd like more of. And I'm not that old. Just slower.