Mentalities - Poll 3  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever seen someone die?

• Yes
    • No

Killing bad people is easy. Living with it is the hard part, even when there was little or no choice. The Maker, though differentiating between killing and murder, did not wire us to kill other human beings.

Watching a loved one die who was ready isn't  so bad, good in God's  eyes (Psalm 116:15), but missing them later is, of course, rough.

The constellation to rubbing out bad people is, you saved innocent lives; better them than us.

Have gotta'agree with American Patriot.  In the case of a somebody close (wife or relative) who happens to be seriously sick or injured-sometimes they're better off...less misery and suffering...almost merciful.  But the aftermath is the difficult part.

I am going to leave a lot of details out but I came across a murder suicide.  It was night time and stumbled over the dead body.  I checked the body for vitals but saw that the blood already pooled to the bottom of the body that was laying next to the ground.  It was an eerie feeling.

I was blessed to be at my father's side for the final breaths of his life. I won't bore anyone (to death) with any "wise words"; however, when it comes to being there for family through final moments, if given the opportunity, I suggest that you do it - do it because you should do it. If, on the other hand, the dying are not a part of your family or inner circle, you'll have to wrestle with being there. I don't think I'd want to experience death when it isn't someone I know lying there, minutes or seconds from the inevitable blackness of corporeal existence, in the wake of eternity to come. 

I never had the honor of serving in the military, but I thank all those who have served, suffered, died, bled, killed in the name of freedom for all of our allies. 

the taking of some ones life is not pleasant in any form , if anyone tells you that it doesn't bother them they are full of shit and if they say that they can do it easily with no remorse you need to stay very very clear of them. I have taken lives in my life and I hope to never have to do it again . but if the time comes that I have to do it again for my family or my country I will not hesitate.

I used to work in an ER, and one night the paramedics brought in a man who was visiting from another state.    He blew a blood vessel in his heart, and was wearing compression booties to keep him alive for as long as possible.  I held the phone for him to say goodbye to his wife and family, as he knew he was going to die in a few minutes.  It was so hard to keep from crying as he spoke with each family member, telling them how much he loved them.  When he finished the call, he told the doctor to go ahead and remove the boots; he died in a couple of minutes.  He was young; only early 40s.  We were all wrecks.

16 hours ago, secondrecon said:

the taking of some ones life is not pleasant in any form , if anyone tells you that it doesn't bother them they are full of shit and if they say that they can do it easily with no remorse you need to stay very very clear of them. I have taken lives in my life and I hope to never have to do it again . but if the time comes that I have to do it again for my family or my country I will not hesitate.

The first time I ever pulled a trigger on a human, I cried, afterwards (even though it was my job).  That's the insidious thing about war.  By the time I left Vietnam, my spotter and I were making jokes about the pattern of blood spray, among other things.  I think that this is part of the mind's method of dealing with doing something that is considered heinous, in other situations.  Like you, I will not hesitate to protect my wife and myself, or my country, in the future.  I don't want to do it.  But I will ...

I was incredibly affected by a gruesome murder . The victim was a woman . I was called to the site to offer first aide. This was the defining moment in my life . I realized the evil in men’s hearts and the fearless, cruel , brazen act . It was time to prepare , pray and protect. I became a sheepdog .  This is the condition the world is in . This has corrupted our beloved nation . Lord Jesus. Your kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen

I agree with you Secondrecon... I had to pull the trigger and take a life to defend and protect the lives of innocent people at work,and you are right, It does mess with you mentally from time to time. If i have to do it again and protect my Love ones and or anyones elses life for that matter, i will without hesitation. Mines is still fresh... Its only been a year and 1 month

After serving our country in the U.S. MILITARY for 22 years, I have seen many friends and Brothers die.  I feel bad but I always know payback time will come and we will send them all screaming back to their mothers.  I don't like war.  But I have been honed into the man I am today due to the life I have lived. 

Go with God, but remember your Brother has your Back! 

3 hours ago, Flyboy#69 said:

After serving our country in the U.S. MILITARY for 22 years, I have seen many friends and Brothers die.  I feel bad but I always know payback time will come and we will send them all screaming back to their mothers.  I don't like war.  But I have been honed into the man I am today due to the life I have lived. 

Go with God, but remember your Brother has your Back! 

Where did you serve 

On 10/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, secondrecon said:

I agree with you, but with reservations.  I mentioned in my comments, in this thread, how I wept, the first time I shot a human.  By the end of my time in Vietnam, my spotter and I would make jokes about "blood-spray patterns", and the like.  Personally, I'm a very emotional man, and I'm also 70 years old.  It's been 50 years since I shot someone.  My wife and I can watch a very violent movie, and she will often turn her head away from the worst scenes of violence.  But I sit there without any emotion at all, inside or out.

This is why I mentioned the insidious nature of war, and how it hardens you and, and drives out emotion.  You can't engage for long, in combat, without being hardened emotionally.  War inevitably drives emotions down, so that the rest of the mind and body can function.