Dav Harzin

The Novelty of Placing our Active Duty Military on our Actual Border.

The Novelty of Placing our Active Duty Military on our Actual Border.

A novel idea of border security is to place our active duty military on our actual border. Last I checked, the purpose of a national military force is for defense of the homeland, which specifically includes the defense of those borders. I’ve been told by a great many people on both the “left” and “right” sides of the aisle that somehow this is just not doable. Either the border is too long or it’s an unnecessary move or it’s too costly, or some other such excuses. My rebuttals:

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2019/11/please-place-our-active-duty-military-on-our-actual-borders/

I believe that it is the action that is needed, however due to the Posse comitatus act from 1878 blocks that, and I don't see anyone repealing that. 

Not saying it shouldn't happen, nor that outside of that there is any real way to block the troops from taking up that role. However it wont make it to a vote as if someone tried to repeal that both sides politically would have their eyes explode. 

5 hours ago, Ideological Gambler said:

I believe that it is the action that is needed, however due to the Posse comitatus act from 1878 blocks that, and I don't see anyone repealing that. 

Not saying it shouldn't happen, nor that outside of that there is any real way to block the troops from taking up that role. However it wont make it to a vote as if someone tried to repeal that both sides politically would have their eyes explode. 

It's doable if Congress also authorizes it.

image.thumb.png.f6b6541938b44615aa477cc98a02664f.png

Isn't it ironic that back in 2005 when Hurricane Katrina nailed New Orleans the Federal Government cited Posse Comitatus as their initial reason to send in paid Blackwater mercenaries to secure certain locations and provide security for the  Federal government , what they also did was help round up the guns and guard the wealthier sections of town . But that all seems to be lost to history now.

1 hour ago, Ideological Gambler said:

true @ Let_Freedom_Ring , I believe the national guard and coast guard are also completely untouched by the act. But if Congress had a flying shot in hell at that they would have acted by now.

@ Pastor Mike They go by acadami now. Clever loophole to exploit but even they only have so many people. 

Damn skippy they do and they will run like rabbits when they see things for what they really are.

One of my guys is ex-Blackwater , and he would tell you in a heartbeat that if the odds were not in their favor then they would refuse to go in." It's only money after all and not worth your life."