Ideological Gambler

Kansas communications network

Hello Kansas patriots,

I have a idea that I would like to get feedback on and see about getting a project going. I have noticed that Kansas isnt the most active state militia wise in our republic. Most units tend to be smaller and based around their home town with some likeminded friends. This is the very basis of the militia however. Back in the colonies this was effective due to riders and travelers who would send word throughout the neighboring communities, creating a natural communication network to support the militia infrastructure. 

I would like to try and organize something similar to this (and not with horse riding messengers) to help connect units and individuals in the state with a local information network as well as possibly get some joint unit training in as it expands.

This could be done in many different was, and multiple ways at once. The goal is improving communication and information among patriots in the state. I have been rather taken up with the comms network outlined here: https://www.mymilitia.com/forums/topic/61994-national-comms-network/  as well as other forms of rapid communication such as other radio communications, potentially a small website that could be used in conjunction with intel being shared here, a texting network or any other Ideas that may present themselves. Also thought about the possibility of having a new militia page form here and participants could use that to share info and communications. 

Please let me know what you all think and make any suggestions you may have. It would be good to get a communication net up here.

Edited by Ideological Gambler

I sooooo agree on this,  need to get a network installed now.  but we are to chicken,  to talk to one another to get the ball rollin.

the LEFTIES have got a  go ' dammed good network goin...the can rally troops in HRS.   we would be lucky to get 20 in a day.

Guest Relic

Remember...they were able to mobilize almost 500000 to protest in DC after the Florida school shooting in a couple months. That is organized transportation as well. Their funding is bottomless. If anyone thinks they are really grassroots or unorganized are fooling themselves. 

Please...look it over. Send us an email...we can help answer questions...get organized...the left already has. 

Edited by Relic

Author of the topic Posted

I think that the lack of communication on this post may be influenced by there not being much activity on the Kansas regional forum. would it be wise to message accounts in my state and reach out via message?

Author of the topic Posted (edited)

This week, after I finish my research and speaking with others actively working on the communications side I will be using the nearby members link to individually message each patriot in Kansas about interest in forming a communication network within the state, which i hope some will join the national set up Harold shared. I will update here after i do that.

Edited by Ideological Gambler

Guest Relic

He told he made contact with 2 people. Use the various method he suggests. They work in tandem to teach you how to troubleshoot problems in real time. 

I have to get liscenced for it but am studying now and have some cheap baofengs coming in to familiarise myself. Ill upgrade and start transmitting once I get my technicians licence. I dont know how hard the FCC is going on that but ill play it safe on that part.

Guest Relic

It's best to begin procuring hardware piece meal so that it reduces any cost burden. If you dont already have a list of equipment...please ask him for one. 

I will. Baofengs are a chep option to gather familiarity with that form of communications, I intend on upgrading equipment when I get my technitian liscence so that when i get my general and can run those frequencies I will have the hardware and can start as soon as i pull up on the site.

I’m also getting some cheap baofengs and encouraging others nearby to also get a few to have on hand. 

I still need to research on getting licensed but from what I’ve read you can monitor freqs. without a license. 

I don’t know much about this but my don’t know sh-t about this brain thinks if we had a frequency that people who had radios but no license could monitor only for updates in event something happens that would be a good start.

Guest Relic

Yes, you can monitor frequencies but not transmit. You are legally allowed to transmit if you or anyone around you needs assistance (emergency type). Also in shtf scenario, do whatever you need to. 

I can help you find testing locations and info @ 99cobra2881 . Some time soon i am going to message everyone i can find in our state about it. deffinitely talk with the intergroup net guys about the national one as well, they are great at responding and getting info and suggestions for people.

@ KC-Constitutionalist  here in a day or two I will be posting a new thread here and will include active units. Also a proposition for a statewide network for information and meeting training partners here. In the mean time have you checked out the origional 3% https://forum.thethreepercenters.org/index.php?r=user%2Fauth%2Flogin or the Oathkeepers https://oathkeepers.org/state-chapters/?

I keep a "3-3-3" radio plan handy for emergencies. The idea is that if the power goes out, internet is unavailable, etc., you can still  communicate with a handheld or mobile radio on some common channels:

• FRS UHF Channel 3:        462.6125 MHz
  • MURS VHF Channel 3:    151.940 MHz

Common Ham 3-3-3 Channels:

• 146.520 MHz simplex, no PL
  • 146.420 MHz simplex, no PL
  • 146.550 MHz simplex, no PL ("bug-out channel")

Here's some more info if you're interested: https://radiofreeq.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/3-3-3-radio-plan-for-shtf-communications/

The whole national comms network idea sounds great, but it requires a significant individual financial investment, the right equipment with non-trivial setup, and probably some training. Plus, unless you have battery backup or a generator, if the power goes out, you're sunk. You can use these 3-3-3 channels on a handheld radio, like the Baofengs you mentioned. Even if you're not a licensed ham, you can still easily monitor the ham frequencies.

Something else that's interesting if you're a licensed ham: Kansas has the K-Link repeater network: http://ks0lnk.net. I haven't used it much myself, but it's a nearly state-wide linked repeater network. It's still vulnerable to power loss, but it's also accessible by handheld radios. I'm not sure they'd look too fondly on militia groups using this regularly, but in an emergency, it could be a good resource.

Welcome to the site @ fallingcedars . It does require a liscence for the bands that they use I believe. @ Harrold2  can direct you to more info in that as I havent linked up yet. Deffinitely thanks for bringing the 3-3-3 info to us as well as the repeater network. I do hope to get most people to get their HAM liscences. currently i am on 467.587 for communications within Hutchinson. just me and the wife on it currently though.

No doubt that uniting a large group in Kansas will be difficult. However so long as people keep looking it will become easier. With time and dedication I believe we can grow it. We made a militia on the site for Kansas Allied Patriots, We are coming up with a couple of ideas for structure and functionality That will be posted in the group itself. I know one member is modifying the Lightfoot concept, The original lightfoot concept can also be discussed, I am writing a couple of ideas. They will be decided on by all members and we welcome ideas or suggestions. 

Welcome to the site @ Choir Boy

26 minutes ago, Ideological Gambler said:

I will have to look into it. I havent researched digital commo yet.

I think its the wrong thread lol. 

We may be talking aboutbyhe same thing. https://tacticalgear.com/propper-uniform-poly-cotton-ripstop-bdu-coats-subdued-woodland-camo?hp=y&sku=f545025395s3&pa=428809534827181&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4KmA6oXl5gIVUfDACh3Vcwh4EAQYASABEgKILPD_BwE#/15789/2075,2548/1&dl=b