fixer

A 3 Minute Lesson on “the wants” Do you want things?

Author of the topic Posted

it is hard, not to want, close to impossible.

i often use the meaning of this video when  i start getting tunnel vision chasing things i want...

when i do this important things take the back seat and when i achieve my goal it is filled with regret and not satisfaction

so i try to check my self and prioritize what is important in life

this helps remove the control of material things in this life over me

i made this video to share with others in hopes they realize what they think is important is not

I want a dual purpose GEN 2+ or Gen 3 night vision monocular that is rifle and helmet mountable plus the helmet and mounts to do so.  I'll wait another year though, I've already spent some bucks this year filling out my other equipment needs.  The year after that, a good quality thermal rifle scope!  Trump better win in 2020, I need a couple more years to save up for this stuff.  If he doesn't I guess I'll have to put it on a card.   9_9  Thanks for the reality check @ fixer   

Author of the topic Posted

Perfectly fine to want for things to a degree its human nature it just shouldn't consume you and any satisfaction you have from getting it is short lived.

i seen my dad buy a brand new truck and never even smiled, hell my brother drove it home from the dealership

38 minutes ago, fixer said:

Perfectly fine to want for things to a degree its human nature it just shouldn't consume you and any satisfaction you have from getting it is short lived.

i seen my dad buy a brand new truck and never even smiled, hell my brother drove it home from the dealership

Oh I smiled when I pulled the trigger on this one, still grinning from ear to ear actually.  :D

Oh, this was a cool vid.  I now feel compelled to write on the subject. When I’m prioritizing the first thing on my list is ALWAYS this: Solus animarum prima lex!

Salvation of souls is the supreme law. 
The more you are in communion with Christ the less worldly things matter.  With this in hand I lack for nothing, as Jesus supplies everything—even our new 22’s.  We prayed to Jesus about whether we really need the weapons this month, and found them on sale the next day. Returning for other purchases the day after we purchased rifles, we noticed that the gun racks were almost empty